• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

"Sailor, like RJ and theReff, is a relic of a bygone era who has a brain that consists mainly of oatmeal at this point. At one time, he may have not even been anti-Semite adjacent. Now he is so addled he doesn’t know the difference. "

No, it's that you are and have been a fucking idiot since your first post. You can decry a specific person in a group without being against that group.

It's to be expected that you and Strickland can't understand this most basic premise.

Or you and almost everyone on the board must be racist against black people because of our almost uniform disdain for Danny Manning. After all, you can't think any SPECIFIC black is bad without hating ALL black people according to your position.

Hell, Strickland must be an anti-Semite as he has trashed Netanyahu mercilessly.

Suggesting Zionism is synonymous with Judaism is anti-Semitic. Keep dancing, RJ. You’re a disgrace.

"Sailor, like RJ and theReff, is a relic of a bygone era who has a brain that consists mainly of oatmeal at this point. At one time, he may have not even been anti-Semite adjacent. Now he is so addled he doesn’t know the difference. "

No, it's that you are and have been a fucking idiot since your first post. You can decry a specific person in a group without being against that group.

It's to be expected that you and Strickland can't understand this most basic premise.

Or you and almost everyone on the board must be racist against black people because of our almost uniform disdain for Danny Manning. After all, you can't think any SPECIFIC black is bad without hating ALL black people according to your position.

Hell, Strickland must be an anti-Semite as he has trashed Netanyahu mercilessly.

Picking a post from about a week ago to use as the source of a rage post is completely normal. Especially when the post was only tangentially against you.

If you want to argue that sailor is not racist-adjacent and/or Anti-Semite-adjacent, feel free.

Picking a post from about a week ago to use as the source of a rage post is completely normal. Especially when the post was only tangentially against you.

If you want to argue that sailor is not racist-adjacent and/or Anti-Semite-adjacent, feel free.

Sailor may be an anti-Semite, but he’s never said anything to a Jewish poster that’s remotely in the league of what RJ said to me.

RJ, it seems like the mods are going to give you a pass on this one. (I certainly hope their silence isn’t an endorsement of your statement.) Just shut the fuck up already before you get yourself banned for something almost everybody has already forgotten already. How about that?

My name was included among them. You included me in a disgraceful personal attack.

But it's my fault you made the egregious mistake and insult. As usual, you couldn't possibly admit you are wrong...got it.

I realized just how old and out of touch I am when I saw a legit conversation asking if Cumtown deserved to be banned.

Reddit finally bans /r/the_donald

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/29/...ald-chapo-trap-house-new-content-policy-rules

Can anyone explain why they banned the Chapo Trap House subreddit too? Was it actually toxic or did reddit just want to both sides it?

I realized just how old and out of touch I am when I saw a legit conversation asking if Cumtown deserved to be banned.

Without exception every member of both podcasts unequivocally hates their respective Subreddit communities. I don’t listen to Cumtown (though I think Stavros is hilarious) but I do listen to CTH and they frequently mention how horrible and toxic their subreddit is.

Letter in today’s w-s journal...

Perspective is needed

Everyone admires the stalwart. But for the diehard, the crowd does something different; they roll their eyes. Some perspective is needed.

Exasperation continues today with the extralegal toppling of statues like the one of slave trader Edward Colston in Bristol, England. But not in Winston-Salem. The people here sought counsel in a civilized way and heard the points of all, and with deliberation thought to relocate the Confederate statue — likely to have been a draftee, not having the $500 to buy his way out of armed service. Few places can match our practice.

Apparently, that’s not good enough for the inflexible, with yet a new lawsuit contesting the decision (“UDC files new lawsuit over statue,” June 22).

More perspective is needed.

The Piedmont was virtually unique in the South in anti-slavery sentiment. There were more than 50 anti-slavery societies in the area in the 1820s, including two in Forsyth County. Almost 1,000 area land owners signed a petition to Congress in 1819 to abolish slavery. Joseph Winston was one of them. Our city is one of a very few anywhere named for an anti-slavery advocate. Our other name means “peace,” and we are its exemplars.

The Confederate statue stood almost 110 years. How about we place a statue of Joseph Winston where the Confederate statue was and let it announce from 2020 to 2130 what we stand for now? Then the citizenry can decide what to put there for the succeeding 110 years. After all, fair’s fair, isn’t it?

Roger Kirkman

Winston-Salem

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was banned from r/baseball last night for calling out a random dude's blatant racism, and screen-shotting his post history, which included multiple racist memes... some of which were literally stamped with white-power symbols...

The reason I was banned, from the moderators was: "you are now banned from participating in r/baseball for digging through a users post history and calling him a racist moron".

I'm pretty proud of that ban.

DNR police investigate alleged racist assault near Lake Monroe

One clip shows a white man in a red shirt pinning or holding Booker against a tree. Someone off camera can be heard shouting "let him go," while the man holding the other man turns to the camera and tells them to leave. Other men and a woman, all white, are near the man at the tree and are shouting. At one point, a shirtless man tries to knock the camera out of the hand of the person shooting video.

Another video shows the same shirtless man calling a man off-camera a "nappy headed (expletive)." The man off camera replies "What do you really want to call me?" and the shirtless man repeats the phrase.

The shirtless man in another video clip yells "You invaded us" and calls another man a "stupid (expletive) liberal (expletive)."

During the scuffle, Booker said someone yelled "get a noose," and someone else threatened to break his arms. The Confederate flag, noose and arm breaking comments were not seen or heard in the posted videos, but Booker said several witnesses were present.

Back