• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

true, those sentiments were on display on Tuesday, not yesterday

No, they weren't. And its just another example of you misrepresenting what I said. Expressing a general concern about rule by technocracy, is not the same thing as saying educated people shouldn't present ideas.

MIAMI — A Republican activist who donated more than $20,000 to Ron DeSantis and lined up a speech for him at President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club recently called President Barack Obama a “F---- MUSLIM N----” on Twitter, in addition to making other inflammatory remarks.

Steven M. Alembik told POLITICO on Wednesday he wrote the Obama tweet in anger, that he’s “absolutely not” a racist and that he understood that DeSantis’ campaign for governor would need to distance itself from the comments — which the campaign promptly did.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/20/ron-desantis-florida-racial-issues-830726

42261212_10212950620055552_556737837278429184_o.jpg

#hottake incoming...

Alembik, a self-employed data and email services provider in Boca Raton who has had some Republican campaign clients, said it was unfair to call DeSantis a racist. Alembik, who has contributed $22,920 over the years to DeSantis, said there is a double standard when it comes to using the N-word.
“So somebody like Chris Rock can get up onstage and use the word and there’s no problem? But some white guy says it and he’s a racist? Really?” the 67-year-old Alembik said, adding that what’s considered racially charged language now wasn’t racist when he was a kid. “I grew up in New York in the ’50s. We were the k----. They were the n------. They were the goyim. And those were the s----.”

Last edited:
No, they weren't. And its just another example of you misrepresenting what I said. Expressing a general concern about rule by technocracy, is not the same thing as saying educated people shouldn't present ideas.

Im not necessarily disagreeing with you, but isn’t this too close to rule by technocracy? Can’t we empower working class people to be democratic and provide solutions that aren’t funded by a fucking think tank?

That isn’t to say we don’t need accountants or lawyers or other skills, but smart educated people have been fucking everything up. I don’t want to be governed by a bunch of Harvard assholes.

The biggest issue with American education and at least part of the reason why racism and sexism has been institutionalized in education is the myth that is states' rights. The Department of Education is largely toothless (unless trying to harm students). Without having federalized, nationwide educational requirements (from curriculum to textbooks to spending per student), many students will continue to be left out in the cold (especially minority students).

In addition, higher education's exorbitant cost continue to be an anchor dragging down the education of large swaths of students. Going to college is a time that broadens minds and gives many young adults their first real chance at making choices for themselves, thinking for themselves, and becoming exposed to multiple ways of thinking and living. Giving access to every young adult across the nation for a nominal amount could (and likely would) go a long way to eradicating the institutional racism and sexism inherent in education. The worst thing that can happen to a teenager is not being able to leave their hometown. We as a nation should be dedicated to making sure no one is trapped where they grew up without being exposed to the outside world.

There are also a shitload of other solid institutions of higher learning in this country other than Harvard, many of which produce smart and dedicated thinkers who weren't admitted for their personal fortunes or family legacies.

ITC, do you just not understand the distinction? I did not say "letting educated people present ideas was a failure at best and bad idea at worst." I said I didn't think a government of experts would save us. I don't know how you manage to distort what I say without recognizing it.

MIAMI — A Republican activist who donated more than $20,000 to Ron DeSantis and lined up a speech for him at President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club recently called President Barack Obama a “F---- MUSLIM N----” on Twitter, in addition to making other inflammatory remarks.

Steven M. Alembik told POLITICO on Wednesday he wrote the Obama tweet in anger, that he’s “absolutely not” a racist and that he understood that DeSantis’ campaign for governor would need to distance itself from the comments — which the campaign promptly did.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/20/ron-desantis-florida-racial-issues-830726

42261212_10212950620055552_556737837278429184_o.jpg

#hottake incoming...

Why does Obama invite this shite? Thanks Obama.

Why does Obama invite this shite? Thanks Obama.

"I can't help myself. I don't know what it is about Obama, but the thought of him and that he was our President just makes me so angry! I've never been so angry about a President before. But I'm definitely not racist."

"I can't help myself. I don't know what it is about Obama, but the thought of him and that he was our President just makes me so angry! I've never been so angry about a President before. But I'm definitely not racist."

Whatever could it be?

Do you think racists just legitimately don’t know they are racist?

Whatever could it be?

Do you think racists just legitimately don’t know they are racist?

I think some racists, especially in the Midwest and Big Sky country, don't think they are racists. They are able to rationalize their dislike for other reasons, even though those reasons have not caused them anger or hatred toward white politicians who had the exact same policy beliefs and goals as Obama.

But there are also many racists, primarily in the South, that know they are racist. They are able to do the same rationalizations as their unknowing-racist colleagues, but do so knowingly (and arguably, maliciously). This type of racist has become more outspoken as Trump has normalized overt racism. MAGA might as well be Make America Openly Racist Again.

Trump is probably sending that wall as a tweet with a smileyface emoji.

Last edited:

Back