• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is your all-time favorite Deac?

The Belarusian Bear Nikita Mescheriakov

Has to be Arnie. I was a fan of his before I even knew what Wake Forest was.

Tim. Something about his nice guy/badass combo always personified Wake Forest athletics to me until Prosser/CP3 changed the vibe (not a bad thing). Plus I started at Wake his senior year and he was cool as shit, playing asshole with him was hilarious.

The redheaded coed who.... oh, you mean athlete? Arnie, for sure. Followed closely by Timmaaayyy.

Grew up in San Antonio and went to WF so....Dearica Hamby.

I got to see her play here at UVA once a few years ago. It was her and and then there were 9 other people out there trying to play. She dropped something like 29 with a bunch of boards.

For me, it's gotta be a basketball player because Wake was always a hoops school until recently. And I gotta give the slightest nod to Timmy over Chill. And I was at that title game where Chill crossed up McInnis. Maybe it's because of their pro careers and I've been a Spurs fan because of Timmy and Pop. And getting ejected by Joey Crawford for laughing and not saying a word was as badass as Chill's crossover. Also the way Duncan has handled himself over the years and going out the opposite of Kobe - taking less $$ so his team could stay competitive, not saying a word and retiring via team press release.

Arnie. Not even close.[/QUOTE

I think it depends upon how you view the question. As a representative of WF....using the world as a stage....I don't see how anyone could pick anyone other than Arnie. If you take the question "Who is your all-time favorite Deac" to mean someone who did something as a Deac, though, I don't really think of Arnie because everything he did to be remembered for happened after he was a Deac.

I don't think I ever had any more pleasurable experiences regarding individual WF sports performances than I had watching Charlie Davis play basketball. God, was he awesome!

Tim Duncan and Taron Downey. And Nikita Whitlock.

All Wake Foresty guys- pretty under the radar types who worked their asses off to become awesome.

Back