• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is your all-time favorite Deac?

Yes! Ahhhhhh...CD!

I remember the Old Gold & Black game against the varsity during his freshman year like it was yesterday. That was the first time he ever put on a WF uniform. All the early talk at that time was about McGregor.....and Charlie scored 41 points in that game. He went on to make 62 of his first 65 free throws....as a freshman. That guy just didn't miss free throws! I would give anything to have some old films of some of his games at Wake. I was in the army at Fort Bragg in 1970 when we drove up to Winston-Salem for the Carolina game. (sailordeac got 4 student tickets for us) Deacs were 6 down with less than two minutes to play & won 88-85. Dean Smith got a technical in the last minute and Charlie Davis scored 41 points in that game as well.

Childress...without question.

Though I do have a soft spot for Justin Gray, Taron Downey, and Jamaal Levy

Back