• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is your all-time favorite Deac?

Yes! Ahhhhhh...CD!

The 51 he hung on American early as a sophomore (when he actually took it to the hole), and the classic second half shootout with Scott in Chapel Hill are the two I most remember. I see you, Yosh.

I don't think they wanted to give him that POY, they just had to.

An observation: it is incredible how many legitimate "all time" favorites we can claim. Going to a small university with big time athletics was huge for me. I have gotten to see so many great ones!

I cannot narrow my list to just one.

Rod Griffin

Larry Hopkins

Kenny Moore

Josh Howard (gave the best speech I have ever heard on campus at his HOF acceptance)

Len Chappell. He was my boyhood hero.

I am always amazed at how many WF fans today don't even know how to spell Len Chappell's name. I see it with either one "P" or one "L" as often as I see it spelled correctly. To a lesser extent, the same is true of Dickie Hemric, which has a "K" added about half of the time.

And both of these guys were consensus All-Americans, which are extremely rare in WF sports. You would think that WF fans could at least spell their names correctly.

Len was the big man on campus in our class. Not only figuratively, but literally. Our freshmen team beat the Varsity and it was on for the next 4 years. Always had a love for that era, which made me a Wake fan for life, (Well, except for the years of name redacted) and a special place in my heart for Len.

Len was the big man on campus in our class. Not only figuratively, but literally. Our freshmen team beat the Varsity and it was on for the next 4 years. Always had a love for that era, which made me a Wake fan for life, (Well, except for the years of name redacted) and a special place in my heart for Len.

I recall a Street and Smith magazine cover with a photo of Chappell and Packer and the words "Watch out for Wake Forest".

Too bad that many have forgotten how good Billy Packer was together with Chappell.

I recall a Street and Smith magazine cover with a photo of Chappell and Packer and the words "Watch out for Wake Forest".

Too bad that many have forgotten how good Billy Packer was together with Chappell.

Who has forgotten that?

Honorable Mentions should include Proehl, Clark and the man who won the 2006 ACCC, Sam Swank.

Another very good candidate who won't get many votes is Matt Burdick. If you know what he's been up to after pk'ing at Wake, he truly would make you proud to be a Deac. Great dude with a big heart for others.

John Orenczak. Shuggy Otis was named to the ACC All-Ugly team, but scored high with co-eds

Back