• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is your all-time favorite Deac?

Rodney Rogers- absolute stud who committed to Wake when we needed him the most. Put Wake on the path to a 20 year run of good basketball(sometimes really good).

( also love Childress and Duncan.)

This is really tough. As much as Tim Duncan was my childhood hero, I'm gonna go with Chris Barclay because I went to school with him. He's also a good metaphor for Wake Forest.

Which sport or just one period???Football - Jon Abbate; Basketball - Randolph Childress; Baseball - Will Craig...

Naming one is really tough, but I guess if I had to give just one it'd be Randolph. Chill was/is chill!

Arnie. He's known on every continent, (Penguins have named their kids "Arnie"). A great ambassador for LOWF.

Might have to go JHo.

I loved JHo because his breakout was completely unexpected. I believe this stat still stands, but Howard and David Thompson are the only two unanimous ACC POY selections in the history of the conference. That is pretty amazing. I would have to go with Arnie for the breadth of his career, life, and influence, but JHo is probably my favorite Deacon basketball player simply because of the way he transformed that team to his image and took a team that wasn't supposed to do anything to the top of the league.

Back