• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Please recommend an affordable laptop...

Bump.

This laptop has been absolutely fantastic, BUT my right hinge just started breaking. Apparently this is a very common problem this laptop, and Acers in general. It's quite lame, and naturally it happened just two months out of warranty. Now it's effectively a desktop because I don't want to open and close it anymore to make it worse. The computer and screen still work fine, so I don't want to fork out money or spend time trying to repair it.

At first I thought it was just the screen bezel popping loose, but it's just cheap/poor design in the underlying frame. FYI for anyone else looking at an Acer.

i had the same issue with my wife's laptop a couple of years ago.

I thought the treasure trucks only had Jordans and expensive dress shoes on offer. Good to hear they've moved on to electronics.

I bought a Toshiba Chromebook 2 a few years ago and I’ve been pleasantly surprised. It was dirt cheap, it came with more cloud storage than I could ever use, and not having Microsoft programs hasn’t affected me at all because google’s programs work the same and I’ve been able to convert the files pretty easily if need be. 1080p HD screen is tits as well. First laptop that I’ve ever owned that required zero upkeep and has never crashed or virused once. Light as a feather and pretty durable. I bought it on a whim and figured if it turned out to be shit it was only 200 bucks. Best money I’ve ever spent on tech.

Back