• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 201:Your Thread will collapse like there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAG ROOM was the Ish Smith of on campus dining. Townie probably hated it too.

I'll tell you where Burger King is popular: Elba, Alabama. Used to drive through there on the way to my parents' beach house in Seaside when I lived in Atlanta. One Friday night I drove through and their new BK had just opened and a sign out front proudly proclaimed "Elba is now a BURGER KING town !" The parking lot and several lots next door were full and people were hanging out inside and out. Quite the place to be on a Friday night.

Tent Guy bought himself some super cheap airline tickets to go to Europe this spring, and mentioned it to me yesterday (not an invite), but today it seems that deal is over. But it made me want to go somewhere, and now I'm just digging around, searching for cheap fares. Kind of tough to find options when I can leave from multiple airports, go basically anywhere, and don't really care when. Zurich in March might not be the best time to visit...

The Burger King in Fargo, ND (at least the one we stopped at) has the hottest staff of any fast food restaurant I've ever seen

Tent Guy bought himself some super cheap airline tickets to go to Europe this spring, and mentioned it to me yesterday (not an invite), but today it seems that deal is over. But it made me want to go somewhere, and now I'm just digging around, searching for cheap fares. Kind of tough to find options when I can leave from multiple airports, go basically anywhere, and don't really care when. Zurich in March might not be the best time to visit...

Check TravelZoo every week if you have flexible dates in mind. They have some decent deals on vacations.

Unlike Ish Smith, I never really understood the appeal of the Mag Room. You got me there.

Better quality food*. Glasses. Cloth napkins. Balcony. Tablecloths.

*Food was obviously coming from the same kitchens as the Pit, but because there was only a single protein/vegetarian option, the food never sat around. Always fresh and hot.

Check TravelZoo every week if you have flexible dates in mind. They have some decent deals on vacations.

and look into Norwegian Air Shuttle. they're a low cost airline that now flies from multiple US airports with nonstop flights to many cities in Europe (not just Norway). and all their planes are new 787s.

I look at it now and then, but it seems like it's a lot of packaged trips. Like they have a couple right now, for China and Ireland (separately) but it's flight and hotels and a whole itinerary planned out.

Is he just going alone?

Is he just going alone?

nah he's meeting up with a friend of ours who is currently going to grad school in the Netherlands, and they're going to ski in the Alps for a week and then he's going on to London to visit a cousin. I fished around for an invite but I feel like the whole pizza thing would get in the way of planning something 4-5 months out. if we were just friends no benefits then I'd probably be more direct to try and mooch onto the trip (not the skiiing part).

and look into Norwegian Air Shuttle. they're a low cost airline that now flies from multiple US airports with nonstop flights to many cities in Europe (not just Norway). and all their planes are new 787s.

yea this is how we're getting to france next year, less than $600 pp round trip

dang i wanna cheap euro-trip! RTQ i'm in the same boat, except it might be worse. my man-friend won't even commit to going to a free new years even trip-(his response was: "maybs."). my friend's bf's fam has this massive place there (sleeps 20) and they've invited a big group . should be tons of fun but don't want to be the only one solo (and it might end up that way if he doesn't want to come with).

Last edited:
If they live tweet the whole thing, I might chip in for a dash-rtq euro vacay.

Let's be honest. It's the Gag Room.

tumblr_m98j9cjFmy1qbaj4uo1_500.gif

also count me in as pro-mag room-- that place was the best! they re-filled your tea for you, the balcony in warm weather was awesome, and you felt a little fancy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back