• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 201:Your Thread will collapse like there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
the power went out at work, but my laptop has juice and the wifi is on a generator or something. wonder how long we'll be in the dark?

Just call TWC for technical help. They'll have it fixed in a jiffy.

we're back up! it was the whole building, nothing TWC related. and the internet kept working :)

I care about our basketball program, but I've always been more of a college football guy. I still get surprised that some folks are so emotionally invested in random (read: non-conference, early-season) basketball games. Especially after YEARS under [name redacted] and continued crappiness under Manning.

#MoarThreads #PileOn #EviscerateDanny

I care about our basketball program, but I've always been more of a college football guy. I still get surprised that some folks are so emotionally invested in random (read: non-conference, early-season) basketball games. Especially after YEARS under [name redacted] and continued crappiness under Manning.

#MoarThreads #PileOn #EviscerateDanny

Agreed. I was a massive Wake and college bball fan growing up, not so much anymore. Due to the one-and-done's and Wake's overall suckiness the sport is just far less compelling and entertaining. I maybe watch five Wake games a year, now. And outside of the first weekend of the tourney I'm not sure I watch any other games. The sport is definitely on the decline.

I grew up with CBB. It was the first sport I truly loved. It's so bad to watch now for a number of reasons. I love the Deacs as much as anyone, and I hope we can get back to where we belong. The meltdowns are just absurd. People are ready to fire Danny Manning on the spot. We lost a game on the road that we were supposed to lose. Sure we played like ass, but Jesus Christ.

We were a 4.5 point dog playing a late game on the road. It's one non-conference game. Let's see how we look coming out for the next one.

Shot selection and not locking down those two annoying white dudes were both frustrating, but we were ice cold shooting. Not gonna win a lot of games when you aren't hitting shots.

I grew up with CBB. It was the first sport I truly loved. It's so bad to watch now for a number of reasons. I love the Deacs as much as anyone, and I hope we can get back to where we belong. The meltdowns are just absurd. People are ready to fire Danny Manning on the spot. We lost a game on the road that we were supposed to lose. Sure we played like ass, but Jesus Christ.

yeah, this.

I grew up as a fan of both Wake and Carolina. Don't shoot me, my dad went to Chapel Hill, and my best friend was a Duke fan so it was fun to talk shit with him. So I got a lot of good bball in the 90s. but I stopped rooting for them the second I got accepted to Wake. then I was blessed with two years of CP3 my first two years at Wake. I went to pretty much all the non-holiday games my next two years, but we just got so bad. I thought for a second Dino turned it around and watched all those games, but barely watched any of the Buzz ones. I watched more games last season than I have in a while, and even took off work early to watch the Nova game this season. I just don't get as invested when we lose now. I'm bummed, but get over it quickly. I think DF07 nailed it when he said part of his fandom died after the WVU game.

I barely watch random college bball games these days except the tournament. not so with college football, I can watch most any game involving good teams.

If people really want to be upset about something let's talk about Marquel Lee not making 1st Team All ACC.

College basketball is all about the tournament. If you're marginal and lose to Northwestern, you're not going to make the tournament. Season over. If you're really good and you lose a couple of games you should have won, you won't be a #1 or #2 seed. Season wasted.

My emotions re: losing are directly related to how "good" I believe the team to be. For example, I was super pissed about the Super Bowl, but got over it in a couple of days. I like this Wake hoops team but they have glaring weaknesses and are young. It's a mild annoyance.

If people really want to be upset about something let's talk about Marquel Lee not making 1st Team All ACC.

Xdldl.gif

We were a 4.5 point dog playing a late game on the road. It's one non-conference game. Let's see how we look coming out for the next one.

Yeah - as an outsider, you'll be fine.

so long as "fine" = "as mediocre as expected" then I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back