• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 201:Your Thread will collapse like there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my NFL watching is down a lot as well. I just don't really care outside of the Panthers, whose games I monitor and occasionally watch. I'll also check my fantasy squad every couple hours but I don't feel compelled to watch Redzone and check in on my players, because I just don't really care.

Not watching NFL all day Sunday is nice.

That being said I'm up for almost every Everton match, follow or watch most Cubs games and watch a lot of college football. So I'm still watching a lot of sprots.

Oof. Watching baseball is the biggest time suck of them all. I also watch Arsenal matches when convenient, especially the important ones.

Oof. Watching baseball is the biggest time suck of them all. I also watch Arsenal matches when convenient, especially the important ones.

Well I only watch a majority of the televised Cubs games (25-30 at most) and generally it's on in the background. By follow, I mean get ESPN updates on my phone, so it is not that demanding.

And yeah I have watched all but one Toffee match this year and all has done is give me the sads

I don't understand how someone could let a sports loss ruin their entire day/week/whatever. Don't be that person that no one wants to be around if your sports team loses....

Once upon a time I liked football and every Sunday watched the Redskins games. And then I met DV7 who is a total suck ass sports watcher who is the worst when his team is playing or loses. Now I hate all sports because there isn't enough room in our relationship for both of us to care.

And yeah I have watched all but one Toffee match this year and all has done is give me the sads

luckily it's built into the fanbase's sense of self that we're going to be midtable and/or struggle every year

it's worth it for some games, like naismith hat trick against chelsea or dan gosling beating pool in the derby

I don't understand how someone could let a sports loss ruin their entire day/week/whatever. Don't be that person that no one wants to be around if your sports team loses....

Once upon a time I liked football and every Sunday watched the Redskins games. And then I met DV7 who is a total suck ass sports watcher who is the worst when his team is playing or loses. Now I hate all sports because there isn't enough room in our relationship for both of us to care.

I honestly don't get very upset about losses, except for competitive USMNT matches. Those make me super butthurt. Well that and the Cubs in the postseason. Those sucked. Bama, Panthers, Wake, Everton, etc doesn't really give me the cray.

luckily it's built into the fanbase's sense of self that we're going to be midtable and/or struggle every year

it's worth it for some games, like naismith hat trick against chelsea or dan gosling beating pool in the derby

It is a very similar fanhood to being a Wake fan, so I'm well conditioned.

Don't get me wrong though, if we ever make it back the Final Four, I will cry like a baby.

ph creepin up on 5.75 inches:

deacvision7
Mod Emeritus 73,488

PhDeac
PM a mod to cement your internet status forever 68,398

I watch a lot of NFL and NHL when I can, but I find myself to be easily distracted (and not caring about being distracted) relative to the past.

And while I may invest my time watching, I no longer invest my feelings (except for fantasy football) - that's a combination of not wanting sports to control my life, but also because my teams suck like a hoover.

To the dude who puked in the waterless urinal in my office: Not cool bruh.

more on the NFL as a product altogether

it'd be kinda funny if the lions made a run the year i stopped watching

psh they need way more than you quitting to overcome their #curse

they are fun to watch though. stafford is pretty dang good now that he isn't forcing it to megatron in triple coverage

Not having significant emotional investment in sports quite literally improved my quality of life. I enjoy watching games, but I rarely go out of my way to do it any more and I don't get upset about the outcomes. So much better than spending hours per week glued to a tv and going to bed mad at the end of a game that doesn't go my team's way.

stop being rational buddy, it's a vibe killer

These fires in TN are crazy. Found out earlier today my SIL's grandparents' house on a mountain outside of Gatlinburg is gone. Thankfully they had evacuated (although apparently they did so with not much time to spare).

All the anti-NFL takes on this thread (and I am in the same boat), feels like the scene in the Big Short where they figured out a guy's dog had bought a house - must be time to short the NFL?

Like baby Sean Hannity.

This is my fault. I met him once before a debate and through my sheer charisma proved Wake was the best. I thought he was lying when he said "Wow, Wake is a great school! Congrats!" nustled between his Hilldawg jokes.

These fires in TN are crazy. Found out earlier today my SIL's grandparents' house on a mountain outside of Gatlinburg is gone. Thankfully they had evacuated (although apparently they did so with not much time to spare).

a girl in my cohort told me both her grandparent's and aunt's houses are gone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back