• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 201:Your Thread will collapse like there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mytmtfrwsx1sqq057o1_500.gif

Anyone else with an iPhone using the nighttime setting? I'm kinda digging it.

I've used it a few times on my iPad when I remember that it's there. Seems weirdly yellow for a moment but then it's nice once my eyes adjust.

My fucking computer has been downloading an update for the last half hour. Really gotta do some work here.

The woman who had a heart attack in my office last month just died. She was a good person. They're cleaning out her office now. It's sad.

I've used it a few times on my iPad when I remember that it's there. Seems weirdly yellow for a moment but then it's nice once my eyes adjust.

no, i think they're talking about a setting that actually mutes notifications (with a few exceptions) and helps you wind down because your phone's not buzz/dinging constantly.

I just keep my phone on silent all the time. Phone calls vibrate and I get one notification buzz when new pics of my niece are posted to the shared folder, but other than that I get no notifications. It's wonderful - I check my phone when I actually have time/want to, not when other people demand it of me.

Thankfully I'm not in a cut-throat professional position where that would be expected, but I don't think the majority of people who act like that's the case are truly in a position where they're that important.

the setting also boots yellow/orange color vs the brighter blue, which is harmful to the brain's triggers to initiate sleep cycles

It's p cool that we so freely use the term brown nosing when it is talking about your nose being in someone's bhole. Someone wasn't #nervous when they came up with that one.

no, i think they're talking about a setting that actually mutes notifications (with a few exceptions) and helps you wind down because your phone's not buzz/dinging constantly.

I just keep my phone on silent all the time. Phone calls vibrate and I get one notification buzz when new pics of my niece are posted to the shared folder, but other than that I get no notifications. It's wonderful - I check my phone when I actually have time/want to, not when other people demand it of me.

Thankfully I'm not in a cut-throat professional position where that would be expected, but I don't think the majority of people who act like that's the case are truly in a position where they're that important.

the setting also boots yellow/orange color vs the brighter blue, which is harmful to the brain's triggers to initiate sleep cycles

Yeah, this is what I was referring to.

It's p cool that we so freely use the term brown nosing when it is talking about your nose being in someone's bhole. Someone wasn't #nervous when they came up with that one.

I think it was the 90s hip hop artist Snow, but I could be wrong on that.

I wonder if the use of the phrase is on the rise since we know ass eating is.

Is it really on the rise though or has it always been popular, people were just too nervous to discuss publicly? Personally, I suspect bmoneydad was all up in the bhole of bmoneymom all the time, probably still is.

This is confusing. I assume you mean that the brighter blue is harmful to initiating sleep cycles? Rephrase, please!

I really hate people who blatantly run red lights at busy intersections. Going on a questionable light is one thing. Going through an intersection with a light that's been red for a bit so you don't have to wait and I do is another.

This is confusing. I assume you mean that the brighter blue is harmful to initiating sleep cycles? Rephrase, please!

yes, the short version is that the types of light that electronics use for backlighting of screens is on the "blue" end of the spectrum. that type of light tells your brain to delay the chemicals that start the sleep cycles. the worst stuff you can do is stare at your phone or tablet (or tv) when trying to go to sleep

yes, the short version is that the types of light that electronics use for backlighting of screens is on the "blue" end of the spectrum. that type of light tells your brain to delay the chemicals that start the sleep cycles. the worst stuff you can do is stare at your phone or tablet (or tv) when trying to go to sleep

Great, thanks!

I wonder if the kind of paper we find in paperback books is on the opposite end of the spectrum. Because I almost always immediately fall asleep whenever I read one of those.

These fires in TN are crazy. Found out earlier today my SIL's grandparents' house on a mountain outside of Gatlinburg is gone. Thankfully they had evacuated (although apparently they did so with not much time to spare).

So apparently they were sitting down to dinner and my SIL's parents were visiting. They noticed the sky was looking orange out the window and realized the house was already partially on fire. They managed to get out and head down the mountain and on the way passed under a tree that was nearly across the road but being held up by telephone or electric wires barely.

So so crazy. Probably wouldn't have made it out if they hadn't had visitors or if they had all been sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back