• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 201:Your Thread will collapse like there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
That RJ tag is pretty fucked up, y'all.

ETA: Thanks for removing it, mods.

Last edited:
Man Gatlinburg really got fucked up, watching a video of some guys in a truck racing down the mountain to escape the fires. Their near death for our viewing pleasure

So apparently they were sitting down to dinner and my SIL's parents were visiting. They noticed the sky was looking orange out the window and realized the house was already partially on fire. They managed to get out and head down the mountain and on the way passed under a tree that was nearly across the road but being held up by telephone or electric wires barely.

So so crazy. Probably wouldn't have made it out if they hadn't had visitors or if they had all been sleeping.

I think that if the fire was close enough to my house that it could catch I would have been long gone already.

I think that if the fire was close enough to my house that it could catch I would have been long gone already.

Yeah. I'm curious to hear more details. The grandparents are in their late 80s so they obviously aren't quick. But not sure how the parents didn't have more lead time. No idea how fast fires like this move or change though.

Just watched the Jimmy V speech for the millionth time and it got dusty in here. Fuck cancer.

Just tried this night iPhone thing for the first time (didn't know about it til the chatter this morning). So yellow!

Oh it's called night shift. Weird. I usually just turn down the brightness of its dark. I feel like I'm in one of those old west photos where you pose with ladies in big bloomers in a saloon

15%2B-%2B1

I feel like I'm having to use my mind at work for the first time in forever. First time I've never had a supervisor or even a peer I could ask a question to. Really changes things up.

Last edited:
Just tried this night iPhone thing for the first time (didn't know about it til the chatter this morning). So yellow!

It took me a few weeks to get used to it but I love it now.

I travel with people I'm responsible for. When I wake up in the middle of the night to one of their phone calls or texts, it is not as harsh nor bright. It's made it easier to fall back to sleep after that text. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back