• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 201:Your Thread will collapse like there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they worse than Burger King's?

Trick question: No one eats at Burger King.

i laughed

also, I like wendy's fries... didn't realize they weren't popular. who knows, though; they may have gotten shitty in the 3-4 years it's been since I've had any.

The place we stopped on the turnpike for gas had a Burger King, Popeye's, Pizza Hut, Auntie Anne's, and Starbucks. The Popeye's line was absurdly long so went for a personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut, the first I've had since pre-2000, if I had to guess.

The place we stopped on the turnpike for gas had a Burger King, Popeye's, Pizza Hut, Auntie Anne's, and Starbucks. The Popeye's line was absurdly long so went for a personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut, the first I've had since pre-2000, if I had to guess.

How did you avoid college at Wake without getting a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. Was the Benson one there when you were? Holy shit, I lived off that garbage.

How did you avoid college at Wake without getting a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. Was the Benson one there when you were? Holy shit, I lived off that garbage.

I ate 10,000,000 breadsticks from Pizza Hut over my time, but I never really had "Deacon Dollars" so it was either meal plan Pit food or home cooking.

When did Wake switch from a per item pricing system to all-you-can eat pricing in the Pit? Dad talks about how his athlete friends at Wake in the 80's (8XDeac!) had maxed out meal dollars that were use it or lose it each semester, so they'd be buying whole pies and such for friends, especially the female athletes.

My neighbor freshman year worked at that PH, and that dude was always bringing back free pizzas.

When did Wake switch from a per item pricing system to all-you-can eat pricing in the Pit? Dad talks about how his athlete friends at Wake in the 80's (8XDeac!) had maxed out meal dollars that were use it or lose it each semester, so they'd be buying whole pies and such for friends, especially the female athletes.

I think it was sometime around 05-07. I seem to recall this happening right as I left.

Wakephan09's freshman year suitemate, who has posted on here maybe a dozen times, Hodge05, probably spent $10k at that Pizza Hut over 4 years at Wake. He had either pizza from Pizza Hut, wings from WingZone (that's the name of the place on Reynolda, right?), or Indian food from Nawab every single night for 3.5 years. Then he found out he had a horrible gluten allergy. Lols.

I heard about it from seniors when I was a freshman, so probably 05' or 06'.

It was 2006.

When I was there my roommate (scholarship fb player) used to hook it up with his unlimited deacon dollars. In exchange I'd take care of the occasional parking ticket. Pretty sweet arrangement.

I've been tempted to try out their $.89 pancakes, but my counter is Capn' Crunch tastes pretty good and is at my house.

It was the 05-06 school year. I moved off campus then.

they heavily publicized it with signs, emails, articles in the OGB, etc, and a lot of peeps talked about it but when they had us sign up for next year in our dorm, this one guy was like "Meal plan?!?! no one said anything about a meal plan!" he was henceforth known as Meal Plan

Fwiw, it wasn't an active shooter. Suspect crashed his car into people, got out and stabbed them.

It was 2006.

When I was there my roommate (scholarship fb player) used to hook it up with his unlimited deacon dollars. In exchange I'd take care of the occasional parking ticket. Pretty sweet arrangement.

42915.jpg

I honestly don't remember ever getting pizza, and I think I got CFA maybe a couple times.

OTOH, I made more than enough trips to Subway between midnight and 2am. Pretty sure that's where all of my deacon dollars went (of which I had minimal; I had a meal plan).

i had this exact thought yesterday, when at 12:30pm (prime lunch time!) i drove past the Burger King in my 'hood with 0 people inside, and no one in the drive thru line. No clue how that place has managed to stay open for the past few years. The McD's just a few feet away, by contrast, had several cars in the parking lot, and a full line at the drive-thru.

I had a decent Burger King chili dog at a NY rest stop this break. I was really surprised.

I honestly don't remember ever getting pizza, and I think I got CFA maybe a couple times.

OTOH, I made more than enough trips to Subway between midnight and 2am. Pretty sure that's where all of my deacon dollars went (of which I had minimal; I had a meal plan).

i too ate a lot of subway at wake

however, i feel like because i was a TOWNIE i also knew good spots off campus and went there a lot more often than most underclassmen

like DIOLI'S the GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back