• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We need a little Northwestern game noise

Listen I love shaka. As a high school coach I bought into Havoc and implemented the program with my program. I am just reminding people to step back off the ledge a bit. In a month and a half(mid January) we look as bad as we did last night then there is cause for concern. It was a poorly played game by one of our stars (almost worse, being our pg) & we still had a shot at a real quality road win. The hyperbole that we never had a loss this bad during any era (sans goofball before Manning) is completely false. As the man above pointed out we had way worse losses, multiple times a year during our heyday.

I may be naive like the guy said earlier and maybe old age has caused me to calm a bit, but I truly think we are headed in the right direction.
Yes

No, because those of us asserting Manning isn't a good coach aren't basing it on the first 6 games of this season, much less just on this NW game. Shaka has a record of success. Manning has a record of...

Fair enough, just seems a little wild for the pitch forks to be coming out after a tight loss , to a quality squad on the road.

Agree with those not freaking out after this game. Our shots weren't falling, Crawford had a poor game, and our best player was in foul touble in first half and cramping in second. Yet, we led most of the game and it came down to a handful of possessions where they had a player hit some clutch shots. The fact that we can have a "bad" game and still be in it on the road against a solid team is a huge step in the right direction. I disagree with those who said we played lazy, I actually thought the effort was there, sometimes misplaced by Crawford and Childress who did not exactly play smart. I would love to see us play a bit more inside out, with Collins/Mitoglou touching it down low on almost every possession but not being afraid to kick it back out from time to time. We agree with those who would like to see Manning force other teams to adjust to us rather than the other way around. Absolutely need Moore to give us 15 minutes and impact the dynamic of game when in. Perhaps Manning should consider not having him set picks 3 feet beyond the 3 pt line.....or at least tell him to just go through motions as refs have decided they will call it every single time.

After 7 games into their respective 3rd seasons at Wake:

[Redacted] - 24-46
Manning - 29-40

We'll see.... they're likely still not a NCAAT team.

We will see. The numbers right now say this is a team that will likely be a bubble team. Injuries and time will tell the story but aside from what I saw on Monday, watching their games in Brooklyn, that looked like a tourney team to me.

We lost to Villanova arguably a top 3 team, lost to top 45 Northwestern on the road with our worst offensive output of the year with a chance to win. Also manhandled the rest of our schedule. We are 62 in kenpom. Step off the ledge folks. Manning has this thing going in the right direction.

Back