• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

That's not the question though. Would you be ok with him if he was doing the stuff Trump is doing now?

I don't know what stuff you're referring to so I can't say. But if Obama started acting like Trump I'd be freaked out. I'd be like, "That's not the guy I voted for. WTF happened to him." They're different people and you have an idea what you're getting with each. If Obama suddenly started using twitter to go after people, I'd probably have an issue with that. I sometimes have a problem with Trump doing it.

Last edited:
I don't know what stuff you're referring to so I can't say. But if Obama started acting like Trump I'd be freaked out. I'd be like, "That's not the guy I voted for. WTF happened to him." They're different people and you have an idea what you're getting with each. If Obama suddenly started using twitter to go after people, I'd probably have an issue with that. I sometimes have a problem with Trump doing it.

Bob, that's not what they are asking. They are asking what you and other Trump supporters would think about Obama if he did the following during the period between his election (Nov 2008) and inauguration (Jan 2009).

-Pissed off China by talking to the Taiwanese President and breaking US diplomatic protocol since the 70's
-Went to General Motors before taking office and somehow negotiated with GM to keep 1000 jobs in the US in exchange for tax breaks
-Called for the jailing and revocation of US citizenship for Americans burning the flag (which is protected by the first amendment)
-Settled in court for $25Million in a fraud case related to his previous job
-Appointed Jeremiah Wright as his Chief Strategist

ETA: this doesn't even happen by January 2009. It happens less than one month from him winning the election.

Last edited:
For starters they would have lost their shit at Trump at Melania and Baron not moving into the WH.

Absolutely. This would have been issue #1. Pubs always pick out stupid shit like this to lose it over.

Absolutely. This would have been issue #1. Pubs always pick out stupid shit like this to lose it over.

That's a good callout. Like when people flipped over Obama moving the bust of Churchill from the Oval Office to his private office.

It's a question of whether a president should act like this. A lot of right-wingers would have (and in fact did) jump on Obama for all sorts of little shit that they deemed unpresidential. And now they're nowhere to be found when Trump is basically completely off the reservation on being presidential.

I hate the hypocrisy, it's the worst thing in politics. Have some principles and stick to them.

It's a question of whether a president should act like this. A lot of right-wingers would have (and in fact did) jump on Obama for all sorts of little shit that they deemed unpresidential. And now they're nowhere to be found when Trump is basically completely off the reservation on being presidential.

I hate the hypocrisy, it's the worst thing in politics. Have some principles and stick to them.

1000% this. It's not always an easy thing to do (I struggle with it every day in our new Trump world order) but if you actually want government to stop acting in a dysfunctional manner and actually go back to doing its job...you need to look in the mirror first and have the courage to call bullshit on your own team.

1000% this. It's not always an easy thing to do (I struggle with it every day in our new Trump world order) but if you actually want government to stop acting in a dysfunctional manner and actually go back to doing its job...you need to look in the mirror first and have the courage to call bullshit on your own team.

lol. Their team won bigly. They ain't gotta do shit, but crow. Nothing is broken.

Can you imagine the Pubs if Obama said something like that?

Nah, the commentary would be little jokes about Obummer the Tweeter in Chief. The conversation would be all about him being distracted and not doing his jorb.

Trump cracking down on dem Chinese. That's why we voted for him. Getting shit done.

Bob, that's not what they are asking. They are asking what you and other Trump supporters would think about Obama if he did the following during the period between his election (Nov 2008) and inauguration (Jan 2009).

-Pissed off China by talking to the Taiwanese President and breaking US diplomatic protocol since the 70's
-Went to General Motors before taking office and somehow negotiated with GM to keep 1000 jobs in the US in exchange for tax breaks
-Called for the jailing and revocation of US citizenship for Americans burning the flag (which is protected by the first amendment)
-Settled in court for $25Million in a fraud case related to his previous job
-Appointed Jeremiah Wright as his Chief Strategist

ETA: this doesn't even happen by January 2009. It happens less than one month from him winning the election.

China regularly gets pissed off and tries to intimidate us. It's what they do. I don't care.
I'm glad Trump saved those jobs. What a beautiful Christmas gift for those families.
As far as flag burning, where were all you people who are so outraged when it came to this:

I don't recall a one of you complaining about Hillary wanting to criminalize flag burning. But you're now big First Amendment proponents. Great to hear, but you'll have to pardon me if I think the freakout over this is more than a little hypocritical.
He settled that court case. Good for him. I wouldn't want him dealing with that shit as President.
I disagree with your assessment of Bannon and comparison to Wright.

China regularly gets pissed off and tries to intimidate us. It's what they do. I don't care.
I'm glad Trump saved those jobs. What a beautiful Christmas gift for those families.
As far as flag burning, where were all you people who are so outraged when it came to this:

I don't recall a one of you complaining about Hillary wanting to criminalize flag burning. But you're now big First Amendment proponents. Great to hear, but you'll have to pardon me if I think the freakout over this is more than a little hypocritical.
He settled that court case. Good for him. I wouldn't want him dealing with that shit as President.
I disagree with your assessment of Bannon and comparison to Wright.

Were you even on the boards in 2006? I wasn't, so that's probably why you don't recall me criticizing Hillary. I would have though

Everything Trump does you people act like it's the end of the world. Get a grip because I'm sure there will be some legit fuck ups in the next four years and not the media manufactured outrages you folks keep peddling.

Back