• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

Were you even on the boards in 2006? I wasn't, so that's probably why you don't recall me criticizing Hillary. I would have though

I don't recall any of you, who are apoplectic about what Trump said, mentioning this during the campaign. None of you gave a shit. None of you said, "Hillary has zero respect for the First Amendment and the Supreme Court..." Hillary got a complete pass for this but Trump says something and you folks lose your minds.

Dude, did that even make the news in 2006?

This is what I got from a Google search for Hillary and flag burning in 2005 and 2006.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/senate-rejects-flag-burning-amendment/

A constitutional amendment to ban flag desecration died in a Senate cliffhanger Tuesday, a single vote short of the support needed to send it to the states for ratification and four months before voters elect a new Congress.

The 66-34 tally in favor of the amendment was one less than the two-thirds required. The House surpassed that threshold last year, 286-130.

President Bush, who supports the amendment, called the failed vote unfortunate and commended Republicans and Democrats who voted to move the ratification process forward. In a statement, Bush said he continued to believe that "the American people deserve the opportunity to express their views on this important issue."

Hillary voted against it. Got a kick out of this paragraph.

Among possible presidential contenders in 2008, six voted yes: Democrat Evan Bayh of Indiana and Republicans George Allen of Virginia, Sam Brownback of Kansas, Frist, Chuck Hagel of Nebraska, and John McCain of Arizona. Five, all Democrats, voted no: Joseph Biden of Delaware, Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, Christopher Dodd of Connecticut, Russell Feingold of Wisconsin, John Kerry of Massachusetts.

This references her bill:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/28/washington/28hillary.html

WASHINGTON, June 27 — Perhaps even more than her stance on the war in Iraq, it is Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton's position on flag desecration that has drawn the scorn of the liberal Democratic base.
When Mrs. Clinton took a stand on the matter last year — co-sponsoring legislation that would have criminalized the desecration of the American flag even as she opposed a constitutional amendment that sought to achieve the same end — she was pilloried from the left. Editorial boards criticized her for political maneuvering, the political commentator Arianna Huffington attacked her for "stars, stripes and triangulation" and even some of her supporters quietly wondered why she had gone out on a limb on such a controversial issue.
On Tuesday, Mrs. Clinton played a leading role in the flag-burning debate once again, co-sponsoring a measure similar to her previous one as an alternative to the constitutional amendment that was about to come up for a vote in the Senate.
"Fortunately, we have an opportunity to protect our flag in a bipartisan and constitutional way," Mrs. Clinton said in her floor speech.
The measure, brought to the floor by Senator Richard J. Durbin, Democrat of Illinois, failed, 64 to 36, minutes before the proposed amendment fell short of the 67 votes it needed.

Last edited:
I don't recall any of you, who are apoplectic about what Trump said, mentioning this during the campaign. None of you gave a shit. None of you said, "Hillary has zero respect for the First Amendment and the Supreme Court..." Hillary got a complete pass for this but Trump says something and you folks lose your minds.

Huh? We never talked about flag burning during the campaign (at least that I remember). If we had, I would have said she was wrong....

LOL. That's some local news clip. She was trying to pander to the same rubes you love today.

LOL. That's some local news clip. She was trying to pander to the same rubes you love today.

And you folks had/have no problem with it. The only reason some of you might now feign concern is to avoid looking like gigantic hypocrites.

And you folks had/have no problem with it. The only reason some of you might now feign concern is to avoid looking like gigantic hypocrites.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I absolutely would/do have a problem with it. You have no basis for saying otherwise.

I mean really, you think I would have been on here in 2006 talking about how badly flag-burning needs to be punished? I'm probably one of the most pro-civil liberties posters on here

Go look on Google. There were plenty of columns about liberals hating Hillary's pandering. I don't remember any discussion of this on the boards back then, so it's ridiculous to claim people were for it.

Go look on Google. There were plenty of columns about liberals hating Hillary's pandering. I don't remember any discussion of this on the boards back then, so it's ridiculous to claim people were for it.

I think you're forgetting that we're in a post-truth world now. Doesn't matter what you actually said back then. All that matters is what BSF says that you said

But there was not a peep about it during the election. And if it had been brought up I'm sure it would have been ignored like you folks did for most of Hillary's flaws. But once Trump says something, then the shit hits the fan, it's the end of the world. Anyway, it's late and I'm going to bed after checking out the sports board. In terms of outrageous stuff from Trump, I think you ain't seen nothing yet. Save the freakouts for legit lunacy, not run of the mill Republican stuff. I'm afraid you'll have more than enough material to beat us over the head with in the coming years.

Something nobody remembered from 10+ years ago wasn't as big of a news story as something Trump tweeted became seconds later.

Were you even on the boards in 2006? I wasn't, so that's probably why you don't recall me criticizing Hillary. I would have though

I was "here" in 2006. We were on scout and there was no tunnels. There was also no pit/quad. No chat thread. Just sports board with many of the same terrible posters.

I think there was the Sports/Quad/Politics set up by 2006.

But there was not a peep about it during the election. And if it had been brought up I'm sure it would have been ignored like you folks did for most of Hillary's flaws. But once Trump says something, then the shit hits the fan, it's the end of the world. Anyway, it's late and I'm going to bed after checking out the sports board. In terms of outrageous stuff from Trump, I think you ain't seen nothing yet. Save the freakouts for legit lunacy, not run of the mill Republican stuff. I'm afraid you'll have more than enough material to beat us over the head with in the coming years.

What would crazy look like?

Might have happened that year, but definitely wasn't a thing when I started. The aftermath of the great deacfan2009 emoji troll of 2006 was a major argument for a new off-topic board.

Politics was much, much later. Years later.

Nah, I started posting in like December '06 and it was still one board. Don't think the Sports/Quad setup happened until we moved to the newer Scout format (the one that was still in place when everyone left to come here), and Politics didn't come along until much later when people on the Quad got tired of political threads

If you'd brought it up and asked my opinion I would have told you exactly what I am today. But you didn't. Was I supposed to bring things up that I didn't like about Hillary on my own? To be honest, I didn't even know about the flag thing.

And yeah, we're all in agreement that things are going to get worse. Which is not good, because what's happening now is already well outside the realm of what any president in recent memory has done

Nah, I started posting in like December '06 and it was still one board. Don't think the Sports/Quad setup happened until we moved to the newer Scout format (the one that was still in place when everyone left to come here), and Politics didn't come along until much later when people on the Quad got tired of political threads

Actually, I 'member now. Politics happened when posters led by bigdoublezero (I think) got tired off all the Sarah Palin posts after she was announced as VP.

Something like what Ph says. The issue on the old boards was that too many political threads and disputes were cluttering up the sports board. There were political discussions, and not a few, before the creation of a separate political board. The political discussions on the sports board went back years before the creation of a separate political board.

Funny I don't remember this great self reflection about trump out of bsf during the election when he was spamming the board with breitbart articles. Every trump criticism was met with BUT HILLARY.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back