• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

Shoo lacks the capacity to appreciate its greatness.

It takes all types here on Earth.

I can tell you will JCD this administration the whole way jhmd. I'm disappointed in you. Of all right leaning posters here I expected more from you.

Can we stop wasting time worry about one posters opinion on what happened 10 years ago and focus on the fact that:

Trump just supported the extrajudicial killing of drug offenders in the Philippines.

LAW. AND. ORDER.

Are you serious? He did this accidentally and is now playing it off like he meant to. He is having off the cuff conversations with foreign leaders without going through State channels and without any briefing materials. If Trump wants to change policy-- fine. But do it competently. Think it out and use proper channels. Our president elect just veered away from established foreign policy protocol on a topic of utmost sensitivity to the second most powerful country in the world-- and he did it via random phone call where he likely had no idea who he was talking to and just riffed and showered platitudes about how terrific they are.

He then took to Twitter!

I can tell you will JCD this administration the whole way jhmd. I'm disappointed in you. Of all right leaning posters here I expected more from you.

Settle down. I am just enjoying how much Shoo is not enjoying this. It's great.

Much like "feelings" and "post truth", social media is a medium that dems had a stranglehold on and Trump has done better

Meh, tweeting on these topics is a punk move for the POTUS. Get his dick out of your mouth for a moment.

Tweet about the World Series or thanksgiving, not controversial foreign policy topics.

Last edited:
So it got your dick hard too, huh? Tough talk doesn't move me, sweetie. Does Trump's tough talk give you a little boner too?

Nah, Trump leaves me pretty flaccid. Mattis, on the other hand, is a great American.

Didn't y'all praise Obama re:Cuba

Yeah because Cuba =/= Taiwan. The purpose of the whole boycott of Cuba had ended. It made sense to stop it. And stopping it didn't jeopardize our relationship with another major world power.

It's an apples and oranges situation. We don't treat Taiwan like we do because we have something against Taiwan. We do it because we need the relationship with China.

Obama was extremely pragmatic. I'm not sure Trump knows enough to be pragmatic.

The main benefit I see is that Trump could do more because Republicans can claim a win from whatever Trump does.

I can't read it for free unless you know a way.

Last edited:
Obama was extremely pragmatic. I'm not sure Trump knows enough to be pragmatic.

The main benefit I see is that Trump could do more because Republicans can claim a win from whatever Trump does.

I can't read it for free unless you know a way.

With all due respect, I really am not going to get into all the ways Obama is the anti-thesis of pragmatic. Obama has a lot of good qualities. Pragmatism, at least from my standpoint, was not remotely on that list. As someone who has spent his entire career in academia, you simply are not going to grasp things from the same framework as me. And having debated with you for years I also know full well you won't acknowledge what you can't see. And that's fine.

With all due respect, I really am not going to get into all the ways Obama is the anti-thesis of pragmatic. Obama has a lot of good qualities. Pragmatism, at least from my standpoint, was not remotely on that list. As someone who has spent his entire career in academia, you simply are not going to grasp things from the same framework as me. And having debated with you for years I also know full well you won't acknowledge what you can't see. And that's fine.

Shouldn't be hyphenated. Just saying...

I think you need to look up pragmatic. Shooting from the hip without being briefed on complex issues you are not up to speed on is not pragmatic, and in fact is the antithesis of the definition of pragmatic.

If anything, Obama is too pragmatic and lacks gut instinct. You have it backwards

I think you need to look up pragmatic. Shooting from the hip without being briefed on complex issues you are not up to speed on is not pragmatic, and in fact is the antithesis of the definition of pragmatic.

If anything, Obama is too pragmatic and lacks gut instinct. You have it backwards

Glad you read the article. LOL.

Back