• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

You can pretty much ignore anything regarding "reportedly" chaos within the GOP coming from the media for 4 years. There's going to be alot of it and 80% of it will be noise/wishful thinking.

uSIEta.png

Well he can appoint conservative judges with his interpretation of the First Amendment.

Maybe wait to see what's in place before you all start wasting your breath. The big things are to get him off Twitter and pass along his business holdings to his kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he can appoint conservative judges with his interpretation of the First Amendment.

Which is why it's important to have these sorts of public conversations with candidates. Especially one who has absolutely no recorded ideology.

That being said, this tweet would have played really well with his base.

Maybe wait to see what's in place before you all start wasting your breath. The big things are to get him off Twitter and pass along his business holdings to his kids.

What on earth would the second step accomplish?

What? If he was off Twitter, we really wouldn't know his ideology. And he doesn't have to wait to get off Twitter.

While I know this tweet is likely just trying to distract from something, the idea of a PEOTUS even joking about revoking citizenship as a punishment for something worries me a little. Maybe I'm just being too PC though.

The number of flags that would be burned would increase exponentially. Also federal departments are going to be extremely busy since most cities and their departments are preparing to be as defiant as possible.

What? If he was off Twitter, we really wouldn't know his ideology. And he doesn't have to wait to get off Twitter.

exactly, the media wouldn't report on it.

While I know this tweet is likely just trying to distract from something, the idea of a PEOTUS even joking about revoking citizenship as a punishment for something worries me a little. Maybe I'm just being too PC though.

lol no this was bad.

So when are we supposed to take Trump's words literally? I feel like there's some protocol I don't understand.

lol no this was bad.

The irony of a citizen (the president no less) expressing through his freedom of speech that flag burning should lead to a loss of the citizenship that protects that first amendment right is pretty astounding.

How about, rather than ban or imprison those citizens, we try and have a country where people choose not to burn our flags.

Just bring in President Pence. Im sorry LGBTQ community. We'll keep fighting.

Last edited:
Back