• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

No, I posted it because Hillary sponsored a bill calling for imprisonment of people who burned the flag with certain intent. Even RJ seems to understand that.

(b) ACTIONS PROMOTING VIOLENCE- Any person who destroys or damages a flag of the United States with the primary purpose and intent to incite or produce imminent violence or a breach of the peace, and under circumstances in which the person knows that it is reasonably likely to produce imminent violence or a breach of the peace, shall be fined not more than $100,000, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both."

This clause does not ban burning of the flag in a simple protest.

To reach the criteria for punishment are very high and specific of the intention of burning the flag.

And so far we have:

-Massive surge in raciallly motivated crimes and harassment across the country which prompts the US Holocaust Museum to issue a warning
-Two half-hearted attempts (relative to how angry he gets about other issues) at condemning aforementioned crimes and harassment
-Settled class action lawsuit against Trump U for $25 Million
-Tweetstorm on the cast of Hamilton for exercising their right to free speech
-The appointment of the lead editor of a far right/nationalist publication to be his right hand man in the Oval Office
-Several intelligence sources have reported that he's only attended/read two intelligence briefings (these are held daily)
-Several reported conflicts of interest around the globe due to his business holdings. Trump is still defiant and continues to risk violating constitution on Day 1.
-Both Kellyanne Conway and Rudy Giuliani are publicly calling DJT out for considering Mitt Romney for SOS
-Tweets to the U.K. his wish to have Nigel Farage named as ambassador to the US (this actually prompts laughter in the House of Commons including a suggestion that Hillary should be ambassador to the U.K.)
-Tweetstorm on how SNL portrayed him on a random Saturday night
-Appoints someone to National Security Advisor position with questionable ties to state run Russian news.
-While bitching about a recount, he claims over 3 million people voted illegally in the election which ironically supports the argument for a recount

I'm sure I've forgotten some things. Keep in mind these are all unforced errors attributed to him or his staff. Can't wait to see what happens when there's an actual conflict.

#MAGA

You forgot about the stock market being at record highs, must of just overlooked that.

That bill is pretty shitty. You aren't supposed to do anything to incite violence, and there is no reason to single out flag burning excpet to toss red meat for the 'murica crowd in an era when that really did not need to happen. Someone probably looked up that bill and told him to send that tweet to troll Hillary supporters-how else would two of the punishments almost match up.

That said, its pretty scary that Trump weighs revoking of citizenship equally with a year imprisonment. Wonder how he would decide who gets what?

Have the Hillary voters stopped talking about flag burning now that it's been shown Hillary wanted to make it a crime as well?

I'm genuinely perplexed: is flag burning PC or anti-PC?

The people doing it are ignorant assholes, but it's their right to be so. I'd much rather live in a country where burning a flag is legal than otherwise.

Trump has named his new Secretary of Housing and Urban Development

Looks like trump is saving half the Carrier AC jobs. I had no idea the parent company was a defense company that makes 5.6 billion a year from the federal government, I wonder how the deal ever got done.

Let her go. She can't hurt you anymore.

Really. Maybe you should start focusing on all of the bullshit coming forth from the man you elected. Whether you like or not, you won, and problems are now all yours.

Back