• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

It's nice to see he still doesn't understand that the conflicts of interest remain when you give your brand to your children and ohh I don't know have all the buildings continue to have your name displayed in jumbo letters. Can't wait to see his plan.

Trump_HardHat_620_AP-1.jpg

He is 70 years old. I could see how him removing his kids would be a very difficult decision (one he should have thought of before he ran for president) but how is it this hard for him to step down?

He is 70 years old. I could see how him removing his kids would be a very difficult decision (one he should have thought of before he ran for president) but how is it this hard for him to step down?

He is the majority owner of more than 100 business entities. He is a personal guarantor of debt. These are not thing that can be sold, transferred, etc. overnight, or even within a few months. Totally disentangling Trump from all of his business affairs would likely take months if not years.

He is the majority owner of more than 100 business entities. He is a personal guarantor of debt. These are not thing that can be sold, transferred, etc. overnight, or even within a few months. Totally disentangling Trump from all of his business affairs would likely take months if not years.

To him, the worst part would be showing him to be worth much less than he alleges.

Looking back, it's shocking we never had a public conversation about this with respect to Romney. That would have paved the way for a conversation about Trump.

Looking back, it's shocking we never had a public conversation about this with respect to Romney. That would have paved the way for a conversation about Trump.

Yes, but Romney had already been an elected official in Massachusetts. Probably conflicts of interests are smaller on the scale of GOV-MA vs POTUS, but it was safer to assume he had some idea of what he was getting into.

Yes, but Romney had already been an elected official in Massachusetts. Probably conflicts of interests are smaller on the scale of GOV-MA vs POTUS, but it was safer to assume he had some idea of what he was getting into.

Sure. Those are assumptions though. I don't remember any investigations into any conflicts of interest during his time as governor. I'm definitely not saying there were but some discussion to set expectations would have been good looking back.

Onion article, or press release from the Pakistani government? LINK

President Trump said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif you have a very good reputation. You are a terrific guy. You are doing amazing work which is visible in every way. I am looking forward to see you soon. As I am talking to you Prime Minister, I feel I am talking to a person I have known for long. Your country is amazing with tremendous opportunities. Pakistanis are one of the most intelligent people. I am ready and willing to play any role that you want me to play to address and find solutions to the outstanding problems. It will be an honor and I will personally do it. Feel free to call me any time even before 20th January that is before I assume my office.

On being invited to visit Pakistan by the Prime Minister, Mr. Trump said that he would love to come to a fantastic country, fantastic place of fantastic people. Please convey to the Pakistani people that they are amazing and all Pakistanis I have known are exceptional people, said Mr. Donald Trump.

Back