• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
And so far we have:

-Massive surge in raciallly motivated crimes and harassment across the country which prompts the US Holocaust Museum to issue a warning
-Two half-hearted attempts (relative to how angry he gets about other issues) at condemning aforementioned crimes and harassment
-Settled class action lawsuit against Trump U for $25 Million
-Tweetstorm on the cast of Hamilton for exercising their right to free speech
-The appointment of the lead editor of a far right/nationalist publication to be his right hand man in the Oval Office
-Several intelligence sources have reported that he's only attended/read two intelligence briefings (these are held daily)
-Several reported conflicts of interest around the globe due to his business holdings. Trump is still defiant and continues to risk violating constitution on Day 1.
-Both Kellyanne Conway and Rudy Giuliani are publicly calling DJT out for considering Mitt Romney for SOS
-Tweets to the U.K. his wish to have Nigel Farage named as ambassador to the US (this actually prompts laughter in the House of Commons including a suggestion that Hillary should be ambassador to the U.K.)
-Tweetstorm on how SNL portrayed him on a random Saturday night
-Appoints someone to National Security Advisor position with questionable ties to state run Russian news.
-While bitching about a recount, he claims over 3 million people voted illegally in the election which ironically supports the argument for a recount

I'm sure I've forgotten some things. Keep in mind these are all unforced errors attributed to him or his staff. Can't wait to see what happens when there's an actual conflict.

#MAGA

Last edited:
Whiny tweets about Hamilton and SNL from a President are insane, but there's definitely a method to Trump's madness. He's got a staff civil war going on between Reince, Bannon, and Conway who are bitterly divided over Rudy vs Mitt for SOS. A nutty pop culture tweet distracts from much bigger things. Establishment got Haley, but Ayotte got kicked to the curb. Christie and Newt were helpful during the campaign, but a bridge too far in the cabinet. After all the nutty shit Carson said during the campaign, scary that Sleepy's still in the mix for a cabinet position.

Rudy's not all there and butthurt that he has to beg for SOS. Trump coalition hates Mitt and Bannon and Conway are stunned that he's still in the mix. Mitt would waltz through confirmation, but Rudy would be a shit storm.

Dems can't stop any confirmations, so they're needlessly whining about Bannon and Flynn. Trump coalition won without GOP establishment, but they're upset that 2 or 3 GOP Senators could veto Rudy.

Whiny tweets about Hamilton and SNL from a President are insane, but there's definitely a method to Trump's madness. He's got a staff civil war going on between Reince, Bannon, and Conway who are bitterly divided over Rudy vs Mitt for SOS. A nutty pop culture tweet distracts from much bigger things. Establishment got Haley, but Ayotte got kicked to the curb. Christie and Newt were helpful during the campaign, but a bridge too far in the cabinet. After all the nutty shit Carson said during the campaign, scary that Sleepy's still in the mix for a cabinet position.

Rudy's not all there and butthurt that he has to beg for SOS. Trump coalition hates Mitt and Bannon and Conway are stunned that he's still in the mix. Mitt would waltz through confirmation, but Rudy would be a shit storm.

Dems can't stop any confirmations, so they're needlessly whining about Bannon and Flynn. Trump coalition won without GOP establishment, but they're upset that 2 or 3 GOP Senators could veto Rudy.

They can't alone, but Dems plus 3 Republicans can.

It really is amazing to me that we still know next to nothing about Donald Trump's ideology. Some see that blank slate an opportunity, but it's a little scary that no one did their job to vet the guy.

And so far we have:

-Massive surge in raciallly motivated crimes and harassment across the country which prompts the US Holocaust Museum to issue a warning
-Two half-hearted attempts (relative to how angry he gets about other issues) at condemning aforementioned crimes and harassment
-Settled class action lawsuit against Trump U for $25 Million
-Tweetstorm on the cast of Hamilton for exercising their right to free speech
-The appointment of the lead editor of a far right/nationalist publication to be his right hand man in the Oval Office
-Several intelligence sources have reported that he's only attended/read two intelligence briefings (these are held daily)
-Several reported conflicts of interest around the globe due to his business holdings. Trump is still defiant and continues to risk violating constitution on Day 1.
-Both Kellyanne Conway and Rudy Giuliani are publicly calling DJT out for considering Mitt Romney for SOS
-Tweets to the U.K. his wish to have Nigel Farage named as ambassador to the US (this actually prompts laughter in the House of Commons including a suggestion that Hillary should be ambassador to the U.K.)
-Tweetstorm on how SNL portrayed him on a random Saturday night
-Appoints someone to National Security Advisor position with questionable ties to state run Russian news.
-While bitching about a recount, he claims over 3 million people voted illegally in the election which ironically supports the argument for a recount

I'm sure I've forgotten some things. Keep in mind these are all unforced errors attributed to him or his staff. Can't wait to see what happens when there's an actual conflict.

#MAGA

Ridiculous assessment of early weeks. Trump is doing better than I would have expected.

He is considering many people for cabinet positions that were very antagonistic towards him, which shows a bit more magnanimity than I thought Trump possesed. He has had fewer over the top tweets than I expected as well.

Most of your complaints are really about the over the top reaction from Dems to his election.

Pace yourself. At this rate you will be too winded to react before he is even inaugurated.

It really is amazing to me that we still know next to nothing about Donald Trump's ideology. Some see that blank slate an opportunity, but it's a little scary that no one did their job to vet the guy.

He got his ideology from Charlie Sheen: "winning"

He was vetted. And then he said different stuff.

Taking credit for keeping a Ford plant in the US even though it wasn't going to leave in the first place.

Ridiculous assessment of early weeks. Trump is doing better than I would have expected.

He is considering many people for cabinet positions that were very antagonistic towards him, which shows a bit more magnanimity than I thought Trump possesed. He has had fewer over the top tweets than I expected as well.

Most of your complaints are really about the over the top reaction from Dems to his election.

Pace yourself. At this rate you will be too winded to react before he is even inaugurated.

I do think it's extremely early, but outside of the considerations of people who were antagonistic, and a great tweet, what else prompts you to say this?

Trump reportedly furious over Kellyanne Conway's comments about Romney. This would be like Axelrod publicly calling out Obama for considering HRC as SOS. Clown show is an understatement.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ious-over-conway-comments-about-romney-report

Conway's gotta be pissed. She and Jared Kushner were the brains behind Trump's campaign, but she's a hardcore social conservative and Trump wasn't her first choice. She didn't turn down Trump initially to work for Cruz. Mitt's a spineless weasel who says whatever the audience at the moment wants to hear (ie a pol), but so is Trump. Non ideologues trust Mitt to do the pragmatic thing eventually, but social conservatives know they're being marginalized. Lifelong New Yorkers Trump and Kushner aren't going to knuckle under to social conservatives. Pence capitulated because it was his only ticket left.

Social conservatives, neocons, and establishment 'Pubs still don't know what they have in Trump and reasonable chance they get rolled and their rigid ideology gets marginalized even more.

He was vetted. And then he said different stuff.

No, he really wasn't. No one was pressing him on the substantive issues or his knowledge of how the job even works. No one. It was a big time ball drop by the Clinton campaign and the media. He should have been continually grilled on policy until he answered the questions. People just gave up and chased the spectacle.

How many over the top tweets did you expect?

No, he really wasn't. No one was pressing him on the substantive issues or his knowledge of how the job even works. No one. It was a big time ball drop by the Clinton campaign and the media. He should have been continually grilled on policy until he answered the questions. People just gave up and chased the spectacle.

What did you want to ask that wasn't asked?

Back