• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef 14: Charleston

Amanda and Emily seem like the only 2 that really have no chance. Brooke has to be getting tired of Emily riding her coattails.

Silvia and Sam were too cool to be on the show to begin with. Now they can finally hook up.

Katsuji went from trash talker to crying in about 10 minutes of show time.

Last edited:
no way, tesar would've been on the block if katsuji hadn't saved him with the mac/cheese thing. he'll pretentious himself out of the show eventually

Silva seems like kind of a dick too. His taco place in Philly is nothing super special, but I know he's opening a nice place in 2017. Doesn't strike me as nearly as good as either of the two most recent Philly bros on the show, Nick Elmi or Jason Cichonski. Laurel and Ela are awesome.

is that the guy with a beard? yeah, he's been in the bottom I think 3/4 times already?

katsuji is the worst

I kinda like him :couch:

He's at least unique, even if he is stubborn as hell about putting too many ingredients into his food. I think his style of food, mexican/japanese kosher, is certainly unique given his background, but he just hasn't entirely figured out how to make it work. The judges obviously admire his originality because he's made it this far, and made it really far in his own season.

Correction: the producers like him because he creates narratives/drama every episode.

when do they air? i thought iwas up to date

The show comes on Thursday nights at 10 EST. I think you're at least 2 episodes behind if BJ is still around. Sorry for the failed spoiler tag. I always forget the title part, and you caught it before I could delete it. :eek:

Correction: the producers like him because he creates narratives/drama every episode.

I used to think that this show catered to things like that, mainly due to my reality tv show biases, but every season I've seen has convinced me that they really aren't interested in keeping a crap chef around just because of their personality.

*I've only seen the most recent 5 seasons.

Last edited:
I used to think that this show catered to things like that, but every season I've been convinced over the last 5 seasons (all that I have seen) that they really aren't interested in keeping a crap chef around just because of their personality.

This is definitely true the further the show goes on. And if Katsuji fucks up again like yesterday, he gone. But no doubt he was picked for this season to stir the pot. John too, but he's nice now.

i mean, tonight is the air date for E5; if he's bounced tonight, then i guess you got some insider info, broseph

i mean, tonight is the air date for E5; if he's bounced tonight, then i guess you got some insider info, broseph

Oh wait, I thought we were still talking about BJ. My bad.

Katsuji's mistake, though egregious, was understandable given his back ground. He obviously should have just avoided using the hog all together. Silvia, Sylva and bland slaw's were all much more worrisome. Silvia didn't understand the culture (at the very least), Sylva didn't understand the culture or flavor profiles, and bland slaw apparently just doesn't know how to make a zesty slaw. That team comp was ride or die all the way, and they 100% died.

Last edited:
silvia was so hot and so freaking cool i want to hang out with her

had no idea before the last ep she was so young

yeah, pretty incredible to come to the US at age 23 and have two restaurants by age 26

Back