• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef 14: Charleston

She lost on Last Chance too even tho neck tatt bro didnt have any salt or peppa.

LCK is kind of interesting in that besides just showing the losers bracket, they also show some dialogue from the ep that didnt air. I dont remember that in years past, not that I was rly paying super close attn.

For instance, this last one showed brooke pre chefs table saying to her, "Sweetie you cant make a dessert and not make it sweet."

Brooke knows the game cold and Sheldon has improved a lot. It's gonna come down to them. Looking back on the format, it really wasnt fair to all the new bros to bring in all these ringers. They never had a shot.

I wonder if they just didnt have a lot of talent to work with this year and used this device as a work around.

At first, Emily was produced to look like an outspoken firebrand, but each episode broke her more and more. By the end, she had zero confidence in herself and it showed.

I'm peeved that Mr. Nobility is advancing in LCK.

I wonder if they just didnt have a lot of talent to work with this year and used this device as a work around.

At this point, it's Top Chef: Seattle, Part II.

The fact that she made top 6 and her dish at an upscale event was "cool whip and cookies" is absurd and has to be the worst dish ever for someone that advanced that far. Sylva rocked some beef lollipop which looked amazing and she did that. Still cant get over it.

The fact that she made top 6 and her dish at an upscale event was "cool whip and cookies" is absurd and has to be the worst dish ever for someone that advanced that far. Sylva rocked some beef lollipop which looked amazing and she did that. Still cant get over it.

Hah, I thought the beef lollipop looked disgusting while he was making it, but obviously turned out amazing.

Yeah, it was clear she was operating at a different level than the rest of those chefs. A much lower level.

the right final four made it. id replace john with brooke for the final 3 but there is literally no chance she doesn't come out of LCK

the right final four made it. id replace john with brooke for the final 3 but there is literally no chance she doesn't come out of LCK

While they were doing the scenes from next week after the final last chance kitchen, it showed a back shot of a blonde woman with a pony tail in the finale. I would have thought Casey had won after watching LCK, but that sneak peak has led me to believe otherwise. I suppose it COULD be Casey with a pony tail, but Brooke has been rockin that look all season.

On a different note, I guess there are a lot more people like the ones on this thread that didn't like Katsuji, as he wasn't even in the top 10 for fan favorite. After last night's episode, I'm rooting for Jim to get fan favorite over even Sheldon. Sheldon just won 10k and is probably the odds on favorite to win it all, especially after winning both the quick fire and the elimination round last night. I'd say it's Sheldon = Shirley > Brooke >>> John.

Jim also has to go back and work for the creepy governor of Alabama. He needs to get out of there and open his own restaurant.

Last edited:
While they were doing the scenes from next week after the final last chance kitchen, it showed a back shot of a blonde woman with a pony tail in the finale. I would have thought Casey had won after watching LCK, but that sneak peak has led me to believe otherwise. I suppose it COULD be Casey with a pony tail, but Brooke has been rockin that look all season.

On a different note, I guess there are a lot more people like the ones on this thread that didn't like Katsuji, as he wasn't even in the top 10 for fan favorite. After last night's episode, I'm rooting for Jim to get fan favorite over even Sheldon. Sheldon just won 10k and is probably the odds on favorite to win it all, especially after winning both the quick fire and the elimination round last night. I'd say it's Sheldon = Shirley > Brooke >>> John.

Jim also has to go back and work for the creepy governor of Alabama. He needs to get out of there and open his own restaurant.

Re: your spolier - I'm pretty sure that I saw Silva in the background of one of the shots. So my assumption is that the eliminated contestants are going to be sous chefs right off the bat - and I'm betting that the LCK winner would pick the runner up as their #2.

Definitely thought it was Brooke's to lose at the outset (I think she should've won her season, too). But she fell apart the last couple of eps after giving Tom the best brunch dish he's ever had right before that. Think it's Sheldon's to lose.

Also, are people really not able to tell it's their loved one on the other side of the wall?

Definitely thought it was Brooke's to lose at the outset (I think she should've won her season, too). But she fell apart the last couple of eps after giving Tom the best brunch dish he's ever had right before that. Think it's Sheldon's to lose.

Also, are people really not able to tell it's their loved one on the other side of the wall?
Especially Brooke who said she remembered the challenge from TCM

given that 3/4 failed to recognize their sis/spouse, im guessing it's pretty tough.

also, they're trying to form a dish and explain it to someone in 30 min and win $10k while everyone is yelling at each other.

i was impressed that people were blind-instructing people on stuff like poaching an egg and it being executed.

Re: your spolier - I'm pretty sure that I saw Silva in the background of one of the shots. So my assumption is that the eliminated contestants are going to be sous chefs right off the bat - and I'm betting that the LCK winner would pick the runner up as their #2.

I noticed her, too, and assumed it was intentional production because she could be a sous-chef or an actual chef.

It's pretty clear which one she is after this past episode :thumbsup:

Three of my favs in the finale

Was v worried it was gonna be Sheldon going home

Looks like there's another ep before the finale. Otherwise the finale looks like it would involve challenges other than cook the best meal of your life. I like two person finales better since they usually get their own night to showcase their food, but with three it's usually all in one meal.

Thought that was a weird episode. First making them mix a drink seemed odd, they are cooks not bartenders. Second Sheldon got screwed with Emily. Also thought it was weird how they showed it, they literally didn't show one scene of Sheldon deciding what to cook or any of his prep with Emily, just when he was serving. I am guessing Emily was such a hot mess/nonfactor they realized they couldn't show it and didn't want to penalize Sheldon and gave him a pass, at the expense of John.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back