• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef 14: Charleston

Thought that was a weird episode. First making them mix a drink seemed odd, they are cooks not bartenders. Second Sheldon got screwed with Emily. Also thought it was weird how they showed it, they literally didn't show one scene of Sheldon deciding what to cook or any of his prep with Emily, just when he was serving. I am guessing Emily was such a hot mess/nonfactor they realized they couldn't show it and didn't want to penalize Sheldon and gave him a pass, at the expense of John.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Emily was just boring. Or the worst. WHICH IS TRUE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it'd be cool if brooke won coming back from LCK

sheldon is just an awesome dude and already has the vindication from tom that he will "soon join the elite American chefs" or whatever the quote was

shirley is a firecracker and by the #eyetest seems the most talented of the three, though they're all super talented

i can't call it

With the way the rookies flamed out early, I wonder what the original intention of this season was. Did they want rookies vs. vets, or a full All Stars season but couldn't get enough returning chefs, or just couldn't find enough talented rookies so rounded out the cast with vets?

right.

it was pretty clear from the beginning that the rookies were mostly outgunned. hell, the top 3 were basically the top 3 the whole time.

silva did pretty well and was reasonably likable

i look forward to trying his place

Looks like there's another ep before the finale. Otherwise the finale looks like it would involve challenges other than cook the best meal of your life. I like two person finales better since they usually get their own night to showcase their food, but with three it's usually all in one meal.

Damn, I hated that Mayan gimmicky challenge.

Damn, I hated that Mayan gimmicky challenge.

Same. To be fair though, they seemed to be a lot nicer to Sheldon at the end than they did when they were actually eating his food. The guest chef said that it was WAYYYY too spicey, and then there was the fish issue. I think they were being kind to both Sheldon and Brooke because they know they screwed them.

Last edited:
Very sad to see Sheldon go. Don't think Padma has ever cried before on the show.

Back