• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef 14: Charleston

Pakistani woman and guy who everyone seemed to know have both been on Chopped and in the Chopped tourneys. I think the latter dude also beat Bobby Flay.

I think I've also seen Pakistani woman on Cutthroat Kitchen.

I'm a little worried about Vietnamese guy. Chefs that have such an intense focus on one style of cooking don't make the top six at a high rate.

I think Bruce Kalman is probably the most well known of all of them, and would be my pick to be the odds on favorite.

I think Bruce Kalman is probably the most well known of all of them, and would be my pick to be the odds on favorite.

Even the young chefs talk about what a physical and emotional drain top chef is. Dude was beat after 50% of one challenge. I'm not sure he is up for this type of competition.

My wife and I each picked four chefs for our "last man standing wins" competition. I ended up with amish soul food man, mustache man, pakistani woman, and vietnamese man. Wife got soul food woman, non-mustached Joe, portly man that everyone knows, and "guy that used to work at french laundry".

We picked after the quick fire.

I like your picks, tim.

Okay, Vietnamese dude may not go far. Mustache Joe (Jimmy Fallon's younger brother) is quite the Alpha, apparently - let's see if he can back that up. And speaking of...

I was slightly disappointed to see Marcel eat it in LCK. It seemed like he finally turned a corner.

Claudette was making a nice comeback, but now she’s a pariah.

Restaurant Wars, baby.

Carrie really can sneeze something onto a plate and win. She's very resourceful and calculating.

My wife and I each picked four chefs for our "last man standing wins" competition. I ended up with amish soul food man, mustache man, pakistani woman, and vietnamese man. Wife got soul food woman, non-mustached Joe, portly man that everyone knows, and "guy that used to work at french laundry".

We picked after the quick fire.

Rough couple weeks for your squad but think one of the Joe’s take it.

Last edited:
In the quickfire, did Adrienne have to pick last every time? Where's the snake draft, Top Chef?

Adrienne would be a very forgettable Top Chef, imo. Every week up until the last few I would forget she is still around. I know it's not a personality contest, but it's nice when the people are interesting.

I didn't realize Bruce was going to turn out to be so inflexible. He really struggled with creative curve balls at the end, and his lying because he apparently has no real personality or story was the epitome of lame. You're afraid of seeds? Really?

It wouldn't be Top Chef without the gimmicky shit, even with the final three. We're catching fish with only thirty minutes on the clock? We're cooking vegetarian AND you can only use cowboy cauldrons?

It wouldn't be Top Chef without the gimmicky shit, even with the final three. We're catching fish with only thirty minutes on the clock? We're cooking vegetarian AND you can only use cowboy cauldrons?

Very frustrating. When you get near the end of the competition you just need to let them cook.

Despite my wife not having anyone in the main competition a few weeks ago and me having two strong candidates left, my fantasy team ended up losing to hers when Joe Flamm came back and then Chris and Mustache Joe went out. Disappointing.

was kinda hoping for an all Joe finale, because I don't think Adrienne is that strong. she's very technically gifted, which suits her well for cooking for Eric Ripert, but seems like her POV is still not defined. Spiaggia in Chicago is apparently a hotbed for Top Chef talent, as Sarah from the Texas season (who sucked royally) used to have the job Joe Flamm has now.

Back