• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef 14: Charleston

Was a big fan of Sam and Casey on their seasons but I think the caliber of chefs on the show has gone up dramatically since then. Will be interesting to see how they do.

I enjoy how quickly they developed a villain.

"My mother participated in the civil rights movement in the 60s so..."

Top Chef loves to throw in a pinch of social commentary every now and then.

Already fired up about this season. Love Brooke and Sheldon - glad to see them back.

I hope Sheldon can continue to compete, but I'm guessing the producers choosing to highlight his back means he's heading home shortly.

The losing team in the BBQ competition; woof. They had the Kosher chef adding pig to his beans, the Italian making not-American potato salad, the Haitian adding hoisin to the pork, and indefensible mushy vegetables from the fourth.

I love how two people in 13 seasons (now three in 14) constituted a birthday curse.

the second they showed Sylvia calling home at the beginning -- before she ever mentioned the bday curse (never heard of it, and I've watched every ep) -- I knew she was a goner

A buncha years ago I ate at a sushi bar by myself and chatted up this chick a few seats over as she was by herself as well. Didn't really hit on her, but became FB friends. She worked at one of brooke's restaurants. Once I stalked this chicks FB I realized 1) she had a BF, 2) she did beauty pageants 3) she was a comedian. After a couple years noticed there was decidedly less BF pictures, and I really got stuck with an extra clippers ticket, so hit her up and she was down.

I ended up totally down with it as she was hot, funny, etc. After the date ended and I asked her out a 2nd time she just flat out said "so... name 3 of my hobbies" Whoops.... talked about myself too much, and couldn't go back to Brooke's resataurant.

Think I'm pulling for hot Casey.

Emily's place is right by my wife's work so we are in there almost weekly for happy hour. Rarely see anyone eat there, was definitely shocked to hear that's where she was from. She's definitely my least favorite contestant but she came in absolutely shitfaced last Tuesday and sat with us and chatted for 5 or so minutes.

Also Rodney Scott (the guest whole hog guy) is opening a place in Charleston any day now and everyone is very very excited.

Just watched last weeks episode. What a train wreck for the losing team.

the second they showed Sylvia calling home at the beginning -- before she ever mentioned the bday curse (never heard of it, and I've watched every ep) -- I knew she was a goner

Yeah, it's never a good sign when you start learning stuff about someone in an episode - usually means they're on the chopping block.

Emily's place is right by my wife's work so we are in there almost weekly for happy hour. Rarely see anyone eat there, was definitely shocked to hear that's where she was from. She's definitely my least favorite contestant but she came in absolutely shitfaced last Tuesday and sat with us and chatted for 5 or so minutes.

She seems like the worst. What was she like IRL? Aside from hammered.

She seems like the worst. What was she like IRL? Aside from hammered.

That's what we thought but she seems more normal in real life. Maybe just needs to be hammered. Wife mentioned she was much better looking in person too.

Emily was on an episode of Chopped and was equally horrible. Granted, they decided to bring her ex-boyfriend on the show, seemingly just to torment her.

Shirley has had a rough season, but I still think she's a, if not THE, favorite to win it all.

Last edited:

I've had food at The Warehouse before; don't remember having dinner/entrees, but definitely some apps with cocktails. I remember liking it, but we just never went there for a meal because it seems like there were always more exciting places to try / revisit.

I've really enjoyed this season a lot. It's the first one I've watched diligently in a long time.

Back