• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's basketball

berneses

Reaction score
Nice start at 6 - 1. Up 11 at Seton Hall this afternoon. looks like the pg Simmons is out again, is she hurt. The two foreign girls look quite good (Sharp and Penna).

Another nice win for the ladies last night versus Xavier. They are winning with 5 players playing almost all the minutes. I thought women's basketball could give out 15 scholarships, why do we have absolutely no depth?

Good for the lady Deacs. We seems to always have 1 or 2 key injuries in women's hoops. Maybe that's the case again this year?

They looked really good last night. I think they have at least two key players out with injuries, though I don't know the extent of them. I would encourage everyone to come out and support them. They definitely deserve it.

According to Les at Deaconsports we have 4 players out for the season with injuries, one player doing rehab from an ACL we hope will return, Simmons the starting PG out the last week but hopefully returning soon, and Whitehead the freshman center who didn't play last game but will hopefully be back soon. That is 7 players on scholarship unavailable the last game. Also, we had a walk-on who helped last season who does not appear on the roster anymore. For next year we bring in a top PG from Ohio and a tall post player from Arizona. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a Euro to sign in the spring but that's just a guess.

How many damn seasons in a row are we going to have this many injuries? This is like 3-4 straight years isn't it?

According to Les at Deaconsports we have 4 players out for the season with injuries, one player doing rehab from an ACL we hope will return, Simmons the starting PG out the last week but hopefully returning soon, and Whitehead the freshman center who didn't play last game but will hopefully be back soon. That is 7 players on scholarship unavailable the last game. Also, we had a walk-on who helped last season who does not appear on the roster anymore. For next year we bring in a top PG from Ohio and a tall post player from Arizona. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a Euro to sign in the spring but that's just a guess.

Hey Razorro, you should know better than anyone. . . we're not Deaconsports anymore. It's Demon Deacon Digest. Have a great weekend!

How many damn seasons in a row are we going to have this many injuries? This is like 3-4 straight years isn't it?

It's pretty uncanny. Not sure Hoover would know how to coach if she had 10-12 actual able bodies.

Did not know we had woman's basketball. Thought we were a soccer school only.

Two years later the same question can be asked and replace 3-4 with 5-6.

Back