• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guns N' Roses Coming to BB&T Field August 2017

That's pretty much the setlist they've been doing this tour. Same one they played for the Sirius/XM concert a few weeks ago.

The concert was absolutely unbelievable. I've been a GnR fan for a long time, having grown up with them (Appetite for Destruction was released the summer before my senior year of high school, while Use Your Illusion I/II was released my senior year at Wake). Friday night was hands down the best concert I have ever seen, and I have been to more than my share.

I saw GnR in Chapel Hill in The Nose Dome in 1993 (post Izzy leaving the band and Steven Adler being fired). They were great then, but they were even better Friday night. While Axl's voice is not quite what it was when he was young, he is still an amazing showman and still can belt it out. I went with my 19-year old son, who is a musician and a fan of Slash's solo work. He was absolutely blown away by Slash's talent. I've always liked Duff McKagan, and he did not disappoint either. (I loved his NO FUCKS GIVEN t-shirt.) The energy that they all poured out on the stage for nearly 3 hours was unbelievable. I'm still pumped two days later.

Just an awesome show. To think that of all the places they could have played on the East Coast/Mid-Atlantic, they chose Winston, still mystifies me. I hope that the powers that be can continue to book big name acts at Groves Stadium.

Just an awesome show. To think that of all the places they could have played on the East Coast/Mid-Atlantic, they chose Winston, still mystifies me. I hope that the powers that be can continue to book big name acts at Groves Stadium.

The Greensboro Coliseum staff does a really good job getting big name acts to come to the triad.

Groves gives them a stadium to book the 40K seat act. Not going to get the Rolling Stones, but that allows you to book big drawing acts.

Last edited:
The Greensboro Coliseum staff does a really good job getting big name acts to come to the triad.

Groves gives them a stadium to book the 40K seat act. Not going to get the Rolling Stones, but that allows you to book big drawing acts.

:thumbsup:

That's pretty much the setlist they've been doing this tour. Same one they played for the Sirius/XM concert a few weeks ago.

Shortened it up a bit by foregoing "Used to Lover Her" and "Patience".

Really was an amazing show. They absolutely over-delivered.

P.S. Slash sighting Thursday night at Mast General Store.

another cool poster

https://twitter.com/All_about_SLASH/status/895932242199023616

Anybody else going to the show tonight in Charlotte? It should be ear-splittingly loud at an indoor arena.

Milhouse and I were there. It was loud AF but fun.

Slash is amazing. It was an honor to watch him play.

Milhate couldn't get laid in Amsterdam with a fistful 1000 Euro note.

Back