• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC-G Basketball Game Thread

Is the game at UNC-G or the Coliseum? The official site seems to suggest it's at UNC-G.

Spread is -9.5 at my book. That seems high for what could be a pretty competitive game.

A double-digit win on the road would be a very positive result for the Deacs. Hope we come out focused and ready to play.

To settle any confusion, the Greensboro Coliseum has been the home court for UNCG basketball for years now. So playing @ UNCG means you are playing at the Coliseum.

Spread is -9.5 at my book. That seems high for what could be a pretty competitive game.

A double-digit win on the road would be a very positive result for the Deacs. Hope we come out focused and ready to play.

I saw it opened at 7 & has increased over night. I personally don't find there to be any home advantage & am expecting a double digit win. UNCG seem to be able to shoot from deep, but statistically Wake is better from 3, 2, & the FT line. Throw in that UNCG is weaker on defense it should play out similar to the other ones we've seen thus far.

We break 100 again!

This is your tagline. I like it!

I'll be there tonight. This is to go 3-0 in a stretch that some were saying 2-1 would be acceptable. Not to jinx us, but we should win, as it would be bzdelikian to lose to UNCG.

This is your tagline. I like it!

I'll be there tonight. This is to go 3-0 in a stretch that some were saying 2-1 would be acceptable. Not to jinx us, but we should win, as it would be bzdelikian to lose to UNCG.

This is probably a pretty good example of where Vegas makes money.

I think Wake will win, but not by double digits. Guessing it will be a 5-7 point game.

Would love it if we came out hot and blew them away like we did Coastal and Charlotte.

This game is tougher than Bucknell was. Hope we get the W.

KP has it at 68% and 5 points, decent difference from where Vegas is now.

This is probably a pretty good example of where Vegas makes money.

I think Wake will win, but not by double digits. Guessing it will be a 5-7 point game.

Would love it if we came out hot and blew them away like we did Coastal and Charlotte.

This game is tougher than Bucknell was. Hope we get the W.

KP has it at 68% and 5 points, decent difference from where Vegas is now.

I was taught at a young age to never bet on or against the Deacs. Granted, I tried once last year and lost a hundo. The KP prediction has me second guessing my confidence, though.

I've bet once on Wake this year. It was the Coastal game and Coastal backdoor covered. Wake is 7-2 against the spread and I picked 1/2 that we didn't cover.

SAD !

5 to 7 point game? Is UNC-G pretty good this year?

What does "pretty good" mean?

They are 7-2 and 171st in KP, which is better than Charlotte and BC. We are also playing on their home court, which keeps the spread under 10.

What does "pretty good" mean?

They are 7-2 and 171st in KP, which is better than Charlotte and BC. We are also playing on their home court, which keeps the spread under 10.

Well I would just expect us to be favored more over most Southern conference teams, so I hope UNC-G is supposed to be one of the better teams in their league this year.

Well I would just expect us to be favored more over most Southern conference teams, so I hope UNC-G is supposed to be one of the better teams in their league this year.

They are the fourth best team right now it seems:

Chattanooga 74
ETSU 89
Furman 160
UNC-G 171
Mercer 185

That's their top 5. We would be underdogs to Chattanooga and ETSU on their home floors.

Line is going up though. Wonder if it will be jumped on before tip-off if it stays high.

I will be disappointed if this is a competitive game.

Hopefully we beat the hell out of them, but going with the "disappointment if this is competitive" is setting yourself up for a frustrating night of watching us.

You can say "oh it's UNC-G" all you want to, but the name doesn't really matter to this year's team (see the boards reaction to Northwestern). Vegas/KP expects this to be between a 5-10 point game when it's all said and done.

Now we could get up early, lead by 15 points all game, and then let them get within 10 as the game winds down. That's a possibility.

We could also keep it between 5-10 points and then extend at the end.

Not all 10 point wins are the same in the eyes of the fans because how you play imprints something on that as well.

Although we are playing on their home floor, it doesn't present a dangerous road environment like other mid-majors examples thus far (IU @ IPFW, Butler @ IN St, Vandy @ Mid Tenn). I think KenPom's system is giving too much credit to UNCG for the game being played at the Coliseum. Maybe I'm in the minority, but if it is a 40 minute battle w/ Wake winning a close one, i'd be lying to say it wouldn't be a little discouraging. We'll see, but so far my eye test says Wake is good enough to dominate a predicted 10-8 Southern Conf team 30 miles from home.

Back