• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

She was griping about fake news a couple nights ago.

She's not been absent. She and her surrogates have been pushing this bullshit. She hypocritically talked about the scourge of "fake news" on Thursday and how we need new laws ro combat it.

Bruhs, Hillary Clinton lost. L-o-s-t.

Was she blaming the Russians or calling for a recount? Those are the two most prominent issues that I've seen board pubs accuse her of meddling in since the election. The answer to both is no. You're thinking about the neoconservative wing of the republican party.

As for fake news - can we all agree that it's a pretty significant problem? Or, are we still too partisan for that? If Clinton wants to talk about that, then who gives a shit. This isn't a thread about fake news, anyway, and ELC posted about the Russians, so let's stay on track and keep those goalposts firmly planted.

No matter how badly you want to believe it to be true, Hillary Clinton is not being a sore loser. In fact, she lost with a lot more grace than I - or, I can imagine, anybody on here with the exception of maybe Shoo and ChrisL - would have expected.

Last edited:
Was she blaming the Russians or calling for a recount? Those are the two most prominent issues that I've seen board pubs accuse her of meddling in since the election.

As for fake news - can we all agree that it's a pretty significant problem? Or, are we still too partisan for that?

No, I suspect we don't agree what constitutes "fake news". I'd rather err on the side of free speech when it comes to this issue instead of the censorship Hillary, who benefited from quite a bit of fake news, pushes.

No, I suspect we don't agree what constitutes "fake news". I'd rather err on the side of free speech when it comes to this issue instead of the censorship Hillary, who benefited from quite a bit of fake news, pushes.

This is what ELC posted:

Preferring one candidate over the other is vastly different from "interference" in an election. Unless they hacked voting machines, this is a non-story and one that is intentionally being propagated for reasons that should be called into question. Hilldawg is perpetuating this story, along with the fake news about fake news "influencing" the election. Man up, Hilldawg.

Do you have a response to that or would you rather shout into the abyss?

Was she blaming the Russians or calling for a recount? Those are the two most prominent issues that I've seen board pubs accuse her of meddling in since the election. The answer to both is no. You're thinking about the neoconservative wing of the republican party.

As for fake news - can we all agree that it's a pretty significant problem? Or, are we still too partisan for that? If Clinton wants to talk about that, then who gives a shit. This isn't a thread about fake news, anyway, and ELC posted about the Russians, so let's stay on track and keep those goalposts firmly planted.

No matter how badly you want to believe it to be true, Hillary Clinton is not being a sore loser. In fact, she lost with a lot more grace than I - or, I can imagine, anybody on here with the exception of maybe Shoo and ChrisL - would have expected.

Yes, her campaign did sign on to the recount and her supporters (both in Washington and the dopes who worship her) have been pushing this Russian stuff. There have been reports that in private she is blaming Putin and the FBI/Comey, among others. Here's an article on the Clinton campaign joining the recount effort from fake news site CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/26/politics/clinton-campaign-recount/

It sure as shit wasn't Jill Stein supporters paying for it.

Yes, her campaign did sign on to the recount and her supporters (both in Washington and the dopes who worship her) have been pushing this Russian stuff. There have been reports that in private she is blaming Putin and the FBI/Comey, among others. Here's an article on the Clinton campaign joining the recount effort from fake news site CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/26/politics/clinton-campaign-recount/

It sure as shit wasn't Jill Stein supporters paying for it.

ELC claimed that Hillary Clinton (aka Hilldawg) was perpetuating the story that the Russians interfered in the election. I haven't seen a single statement from Hillary Clinton either about the recount or about the Russians. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, though.

Y'all need to let it go.

This is what ELC posted:

Do you have a response to that or would you rather shout into the abyss?

I'm not shouting and you're not an abyss. What the fuck is an abyss anyway? I don't see anything that ELC said that I disagree with. Why do you ask? Is there something specifically you expect I'd take issue with?

ELC claimed that Hillary Clinton (aka Hilldawg) was perpetuating the story that the Russians interfered in the election. I haven't seen a single statement from Hillary Clinton either about the recount or about the Russians. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, though.

Y'all need to let it go.

WTF dude, just click on the link I posted if you don't think they played a role in the recount. As far as Russia, she might not personally be pushing it, but her supporters are, and it wouldn't surprise me to see her comment on it in the near future. But she already painted Trump as a pawn of Putin during the campaign so that probably won't be necessary.

I'm not shouting and you're not an abyss. What the fuck is an abyss anyway? I don't see anything that ELC said that I disagree with. Why do you ask? Is there something specifically you expect I'd take issue with?

Again, you're confusing Jack Reed, John McCain, Chuck Shumer, and Lindsey Graham with Hillary Clinton.

WTF dude, just click on the link I posted if you don't think they played a role in the recount. As far as Russia, she might not personally be pushing it, but her supporters are, and it wouldn't surprise me to see her comment on it in the near future. But she already painted Trump as a pawn of Putin during the campaign so that probably won't be necessary.

If she isn't personally pushing it, then why do you agree when ELC literally posts that she is pushing it?

Fake news is not a problem. It is merely a symptom of present-day financial capitalism.

If she isn't personally pushing it, then why do you agree when ELC literally posts that she is pushing it?

She pushed it repeatedly during the campaign. But as for her pushing it at present, I haven't heard her publicly do it, but I strongly suspect she has been. Still, ELC is right about her pushing the "fake news" bs and supporting a recount- something you were wrong about. As for me, notice I said she and her supporters are pushing this stuff. And right now, a number of the people pushing the Russian angle are closely aligned with her.

She pushed it repeatedly during the campaign. But as for her pushing it at present, I haven't heard her publicly do it, but I strongly suspect she has been. Still, ELC is right about her pushing the "fake news" bs and supporting a recount- something you were wrong about. As for me, notice I said she and her supporters are pushing this stuff. And right now, a number of the people pushing the Russian angle are closely aligned with her.

Oh, okay, so Hillary Clinton hasn't been perpetuating the story that Russians interfered with the American election. I'm glad that we were able to establish that.

Rather, the people perpetuating it include ambiguously defined "surrogates," the neoconservative wing of the Republican party, and an admittedly strange bedfellow coalition of John McCain (R), Jack Reed (R), Lindsey Graham (R), and Chuck Shumer (D).

#zazyvála

Oh, okay, so Hillary Clinton hasn't been perpetuating the story that Russians interfered with the American election. I'm glad that we were able to establish that.

Rather, the people perpetuating it include ambiguously defined "surrogates," the neoconservative wing of the Republican party, and an admittedly strange bedfellow coalition of John McCain (R), Jack Reed (R), Lindsey Graham (R), and Chuck Shumer (D).

She hasn't been publicly perpetuating it since she lost, but she constantly pushed it during the election. Also, it's been reported she's done so in private. And if you think Lindsay Graham and Chuck Schumer make for strange bedfellows when it comes to this issue, you haven't been paying attention. I prefer to think you're just being disingenuous. You must know about the dislike between Trump and Graham and how Trump clowned him hard in his own state.

She hasn't been publicly perpetuating it since she lost.

Thumbs-up-clipart-cliparts-for-you.jpg

Boy this thread is a piece of shit. Strickland making perfect sense, and then just claptrap

Back