• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

McConnell knew about this in October, kept his mouth shut long enough for his wife to secure a cabinet position, and now suddenly is concerned. Better late than never?

Has it occurred to anyone here that the real long term conflict now appears to be with China, and therefore having better relations with Russia, who also have their potential problems with China, is one way to strengthen our position with China.

Because Trump is causing problems with China and it 100000% in Putin's Pocket.

Trump's SOS choice has been given the HIGHEST CIVILIAN AWARD form Russia and Putin. It's an official STATE AWARD.

Because Trump is causing problems with China and it 100000% in Putin's Pocket.

Trump's SOS choice has been given the HIGHEST CIVILIAN AWARD form Russia and Putin. It's an official STATE AWARD.

When you find a drum that you like, you just beat that damn thing to death. Saying something 400 million times does not make it any truer than saying it once.

You must be fun at parties.

Has it occurred to anyone here that the real long term conflict now appears to be with China, and therefore having better relations with Russia, who also have their potential problems with China, is one way to strengthen our position with China.

Ah yes, Donald trump, the new Bismarck???

Ten members of the Electoral College have signed a letter urging the Director of National Intelligence James Clapper to provide them with classified briefings on Russia’s hacking and cyber involvement in the U.S. elections.

"We further emphasize Alexander Hamilton’s assertion in Federalist Paper #68 that a core purpose of the Electoral College was to prevent a 'desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils.' The United States intelligence community has now concluded with 'high confidence' that a foreign power, namely Russia, acted covertly to interfere in the presidential campaign with the intent of promoting Donald Trump’s candidacy," the letter states.

"The Electors require to know from the intelligence community whether there are ongoing investigations into ties between Donald Trump, his campaign or associates, and Russian government interference in the election, the scope of those investigations, how far those investigations may have reached, and who was involved in those investigations," it reads.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/elec...russian-hacking-allegations/story?id=44150943

It would be irony if Hillary lost the EC because Comey said the FBI was investigating more emails. But Trump lost the actual EC because Clapper gives them briefs on a connection between Trump and the Russians.

15492454_1221830231203858_4898333829017661801_n.jpg

Last edited:
Can we stop fantasizing about Trump not being president? It's so silly. Even if the electors decide to fuck with our entire system of government and send the election to the House, the House is going to vote for Trump. Why wouldn't they? Their constituents voted for Trump and they want to get reelected.

Can we stop fantasizing about Trump not being president? It's so silly. Even if the electors decide to fuck with our entire system of government and send the election to the House, the House is going to vote for Trump. Why wouldn't they? Their constituents voted for Trump and they want to get reelected.

There's a non-zero chance the House would vote for Pence.

Ten members of the Electoral College have signed a letter urging the Director of National Intelligence James Clapper to provide them with classified briefings on Russia’s hacking and cyber involvement in the U.S. elections.

"We further emphasize Alexander Hamilton’s assertion in Federalist Paper #68 that a core purpose of the Electoral College was to prevent a 'desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils.' The United States intelligence community has now concluded with 'high confidence' that a foreign power, namely Russia, acted covertly to interfere in the presidential campaign with the intent of promoting Donald Trump’s candidacy," the letter states.

"The Electors require to know from the intelligence community whether there are ongoing investigations into ties between Donald Trump, his campaign or associates, and Russian government interference in the election, the scope of those investigations, how far those investigations may have reached, and who was involved in those investigations," it reads.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/elec...russian-hacking-allegations/story?id=44150943

We are going down the rabbit hole if this is allowed.

Agree with RJ on this one. That's a slippery slope.

What's done is done regarding the election. If evidence comes forth that Trump or his team worked directly with a foreign state to influence an election then move forward with impeachment. Its awful that we got played by the KGB (and that peotus has zero problem with it) but I don't think that's a road we want to travel down as a country.

In other news, keep an eye out for Kurt Eichenwald's latest piece in Newsweek to be released tomorrow. He's been one of several journalists this cycle who have actually done some investigative journalism including several great stories on Trumps ties to Russia. Might be more business related but here's his tweet:

Tomorrow in @Newsweek: Ugly secrets on Trump conflicts. His team know whats in it. No surprise they canceld announcement of plan 4 conflicts

This shit is and has been complete twilight zone. Before we know it, Germany will be saving us from the evils of fascism.

I can't believe there's a person from either side who would think Tillerson should be approved to be SOS. There's no way Putin isn't making billions upon billions of dollars personally from the EXXON/Mobil deal. Tillerson got the highest civilian award Russia gives to foreigners.

There's no way this guy should even get a hearing.

Why not put Putin's kids in our Cabinet?

Trump has only increased his involvement with people with Russian ties. He's publicly opposing even investigating the possibility of Russian involvement in the hacks. I think it's possible there was some partnership.

This is next level right here folks. I really only expected one of our posters to be on this trade. Didn't expect you to be a co-conductor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is next level right here folks. I really only expected one of our posters to be on this trade. Didn't expect you to be a co-conductor.

Is it really that next level? I don't believe Trump's campaign had any contact with Russia during the campaign because:

1. That would be Treason and no one on Trump's team except Trump strikes me as that brazen.
2. I don't think they are disciplined enough to get away with it.

OTOH, nothing would surprise me any more at this point. Trump doesn't seem to care about other bright line rules so why should we assume that he would never go this far.

OBLIGATORY DISCLAIMER- Trump won the election. He is our President. Hopefully, he will do a good job.

That being said, it is funny to watch fans of the umpteen million investigations into a private email server, the same people who loved to refer to the Clinton Foundation as a "slush fund," get outraged at the possibility of investigations into Russia's influence on this election. Those same people, who were certain countries purchased access to the US Government through the CGI, see no possibility that PEOTUS Trump hiring numerous staff with ties to Russia could be anything negative.

Its also sad to watch Wrangor's descent from principled (lol) Gary Johnson supporter to what I can only assume will be full throated support of Trump within the next 6 months.

OBLIGATORY DISCLAIMER- Trump won the election. He is our President. Hopefully, he will do a good job.

That being said, it is funny to watch fans of the umpteen million investigations into a private email server, the same people who loved to refer to the Clinton Foundation as a "slush fund," get outraged at the possibility of investigations into Russia's influence on this election. Those same people, who were certain countries purchased access to the US Government through the CGI, see no possibility that PEOTUS Trump hiring numerous staff with ties to Russia could be anything negative.

Its also sad to watch Wrangor's descent from Obama voter to enthusiastic Chris Christie supporter to principled (lol) Gary Johnson supporter to what I can only assume will be full throated support of Trump within the next 6 months.

Addendum

Back