• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

We could just nominate people that would not lose just because the truth about them were exposed. Had Hillary been a bit more of an honest player, the election would have been more difficult for a foreign power to influence. I have serious doubts that such an attempt against Obama would have been successful.

Perhaps we could work on that a bit and maybe have the Dem primary process be a bit less rigged.

Fair point. Don't think it would bring about change though. Pubs and Dems won't agree whether to hold onto the map part or go straight to popular vote.

Agreed, because they'll try to do what's best for their party instead of what's best for the country...of course that is how we ended up with the EC in the first place.

I wonder how many citizens of foreign countries have thought the same thing about us getting involved in and/or manipulating their elections or outright toppling their governments?

I'm sure many have. And have taken up arms against those installed leaders.

That's probably not what we want to see in the US.

Because I like arguing...?

You said that the EC going rogue would completely fuck our system of government. But that isn't true, that is exactly the system of government that we have. The EC has the power to do that. The fucking will happen when Trump supporters revolt against the outcome. But the EC would just be using the powers ascribed to them via the Constitution, so the revolt would be against the system of Govt. I personally see the best path as the EC going rogue and then Congress, in order to avoid a civil war, electing trump anyway. That way we expose the EC for the farce that it is and we don't have an armed conflict.

Ok well whether it does it directly or indirectly, the Electoral College going rogue would be devastating for our system of government.

And either way, as I said, I don't think a rogue Electoral College would mean a move to popular vote. Republicans have won the popular vote, what, once in the last seven elections? They're not going to sign onto that. More likely we would keep the electoral college voting system but just not have human electors with discretion.

I'm sure many have. And have taken up arms against those installed leaders.

That's probably not what we want to see in the US.

GREEN BAY (AP) - Violence continues to escalate in the war-torn province of Wisconsin as the Russia-backed pro-Trump forces continue to fight back the leftist opposition. Unconfirmed reports from the area indicate the leftist opposition is receiving ground support from Canadian troops deployed by boat from Thunder Bay, a city in the Canadian province of Ontario. Canadian support would give a boost to the outmanned leftists as they are outgunned by the far right.

We could just nominate people that would not lose just because the truth about them were exposed. Had Hillary been a bit more of an honest player, the election would have been more difficult for a foreign power to influence. I have serious doubts that such an attempt against Obama would have been successful.

Perhaps we could work on that a bit and maybe have the Dem primary process be a bit less rigged.

What Hillary lie did Russia expose?

Hillary didn't lose because the "truth about her was exposed." She lost because was unable to expose the truth about Hillary.

What Hillary lie did Russia expose?

Hillary didn't lose because the "truth about her was exposed." She lost because was unable to expose the truth about Hillary.

Maybe she got some of Weiner's emails by mistake.

Ok well whether it does it directly or indirectly, the Electoral College going rogue would be devastating for our system of government.

And either way, as I said, I don't think a rogue Electoral College would mean a move to popular vote. Republicans have won the popular vote, what, once in the last seven elections? They're not going to sign onto that. More likely we would keep the electoral college voting system but just not have human electors with discretion.

The likely reaction would be devastating for sure.

The other Russian puppet, Syria is apparently going door-to-door in Aleppo executing battle aged males.

Assuming Russia did influence the election, how does that really reflect on Trump? Assuming he didn't commit Treason. All it proves is that Russia wanted him as president, but that isn't really a reflection on him. It just means that Russia prefers him.

How can you assume this without an investigation?

I realize that the right is still on a high about the HRC email investigation and Benghazi (and whatever else y'all wasted my tax dollars on), but assuming things when intelligence agencies have provided ample reasons why such an assumption is problematic is pretty unintelligent.

And for those of y'all who think all of this innuendo about Trump and Russia is harmless, then look at how Syria, with Russian support, has chosen to deal with Aleppo. Truly horrifying stuff from the re-energized superpower.

How can you assume this without an investigation?

I realize that the right is still on a high about the HRC email investigation and Benghazi (and whatever else y'all wasted my tax dollars on), but assuming things when intelligence agencies have provided ample reasons why such an assumption is problematic is pretty unintelligent.

And for those of y'all who think all of this innuendo about Trump and Russia is harmless, then look at how Syria, with Russian support, has chosen to deal with Aleppo. Truly horrifying stuff from the re-energized superpower.

Trump needs to stop executing those poor boys in Aleppo. I will see if I can get word to him.

Trump needs to stop executing those poor boys in Aleppo. I will see if I can get word to him.

Where did I post that, knowell? I know that you're trying to be funny, but this really isn't the time for it.

Here's a good primer on what's happening in Aleppo for anybody on here who isn't up to date. The Syrian government, acting with support from the Russian government, is at the end of massacring the city and its residents.

The Russian state has been up to some truly devastating shit lately, as have its allies, and we should absolutely be, at the very least, open to learning of any sketchy ties between the Russian state and our government.

You can't blame this one on Islam, either. This is good, old fashioned Cold War politics revival.

Where did I post that, knowell? I know that you're trying to be funny, but this really isn't the time for it.

Here's a good primer on what's happening in Aleppo for anybody on here who isn't up to date. The Syrian government, acting with support from the Russian government, is at the end of massacring the city and its residents.

The Russian state has been up to some truly devastating shit lately, as have its allies, and we should absolutely be, at the very least, open to learning of any sketchy ties between the Russian state and our government.

You can't blame this one on Islam, either. This is good, old fashioned Cold War politics revival.

If your primary concern is for the civilians in Aleppo, maybe you could have left off the inferences that Trump becoming president makes this kind of action more likely. Or did I just read something into your post that was not there?

If your primary concern is for the civilians in Aleppo, maybe you could have left off the inferences that Trump becoming president makes this kind of action more likely. Or did I just read something into your post that was not there?

Uh this.

A lot of posters on here, yourself included, have seemingly chalked this growing scandal (Russia's interest in Trump, Trump's connection to Russia, etc.) to hysterics, liberal handwringing, retro-Cold War-era dogwhistling etc., as if to say that having ties to the Russian government is some degree of harmless or, at worst, just Trump's version of diplomacy.

I don't know how you can look at the world over the last year and still believe that. States that are in bed with the Russian government - Syria, Iran, etc. - have been committing escalating strings of atrocities and the Russian state appears all too eager for it to continue. The United States government has undoubtedly supported some truly devastating shit, too, but I don't know how you can look at what's happening in Aleppo right now and feel comfortable with Trump and his administration's ties to the Russian government.

At the very least, this warrants an investigation into the legitimacy of these claims. After all, millions of tax dollars were wasted to follow up on thinner leads with Hillary Clinton.

A lot of posters on here, yourself included, have seemingly chalked this growing scandal (Russia's interest in Trump, Trump's connection to Russia, etc.) to hysterics, liberal handwringing, retro-Cold War-era dogwhistling etc., as if to say that having ties to the Russian government is some degree of harmless or, at worst, just Trump's version of diplomacy.

I don't know how you can look at the world over the last year and still believe that. States that are in bed with the Russian government - Syria, Iran, etc. - have been committing escalating strings of atrocities and the Russian state appears all too eager for it to continue. The United States government has undoubtedly supported some truly devastating shit, too, but I don't know how you can look at what's happening in Aleppo right now and feel comfortable with Trump and his administration's ties to the Russian government.

At the very least, this warrants an investigation into the legitimacy of these claims. After all, millions of tax dollars were wasted to follow up on thinner leads with Hillary Clinton.

Investigate away. I am sure Putin (like most people) would prefer to deal with Trump over Hillary and I would assume that he felt that exposing Hillary's corruption would help in that regards.

I just don't see where you get the leap that this somehow ties into some kind of malfeasance by Trump. To me that is RJ level conspiracy thought. But, by all means investigate away.

You could make an argument that we need to reignite the cold war since Putin is such an ass. I don't think that would be helpful, but okay. I imagine we can have more influence by negotiating done by those who do it well. Putin is all about Russia, and most leaders worldwide are similar. We still have to deal with them.

I think Putin is much easier to deal with since you know where he is coming from. Crazy Mullah lead governments are a much more difficult problem as they do not think in the same terms that we do.

Investigate away. I am sure Putin (like most people) would prefer to deal with Trump over Hillary and I would assume that he felt that exposing Hillary's corruption would help in that regards.

I just don't see where you get the leap that this somehow ties into some kind of malfeasance by Trump. To me that is RJ level conspiracy thought. But, by all means investigate away.

You could make an argument that we need to reignite the cold war since Putin is such an ass. I don't think that would be helpful, but okay. I imagine we can have more influence by negotiating done by those who do it well. Putin is all about Russia, and most leaders worldwide are similar. We still have to deal with them.

I think Putin is much easier to deal with since you know where he is coming from. Crazy Mullah lead governments are a much more difficult problem as they do not think in the same terms that we do.

I'm not claiming that "this somehow ties into some kind of malfeasance by Trump." You're right, that's conspiracy theory thought.

The easiest way to figure out whether or not there are ties is to investigate. That was the warrant for holding hearings on Benghazi and email-gate, despite the preponderance of evidence that suggested that further hearings were a waste of time and taxpayer money. Maybe there's nothing, but I don't understand the instinct - now, of all times, given the histrionics and hearings in response to Hillary Clinton for the past six years - to not want to learn more about this situation. There is a reason why Republicans are leading the charge to learn more; these are serious allegations substantiated by intelligence experts.

All I'm saying is that Putin and Russia are doing some very concerning things around the world and we should absolutely want to learn more about any relationship between Trump, his cabinet, the election, and Russia, given what appears to be renewed Russian interference in eastern Europe, central Asia, and the middle east. I'm not really sure why now is the time to feign an embrace of "know-nothing" politics.

I also would like to see us investigate the Russian influence on the election particularly through the documented cases of hacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back