• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

I also would like to see us investigate the Russian influence on the election particularly through the documented cases of hacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not about individual votes. it's about orchestrating countless millions of dollars in free anti-Hillary "stories" to depress the vote and change the minds of others to vote for Trump. That's far more effective.

TrumpShills, read this story and then say that there's nothing to see here (or that it could be some fat guy in his bed in New Jersey):

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/u...ackage-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Amazing how easily something like this could happen.

Hundreds of similar phishing emails were being sent to American political targets, including an identical email sent on March 19 to Mr. Podesta, chairman of the Clinton campaign. Given how many emails Mr. Podesta received through this personal email account, several aides also had access to it, and one of them noticed the warning email, sending it to a computer technician to make sure it was legitimate before anyone clicked on the “change password” button.
“This is a legitimate email,” Charles Delavan, a Clinton campaign aide, replied to another of Mr. Podesta’s aides, who had noticed the alert. “John needs to change his password immediately.”
With another click, a decade of emails that Mr. Podesta maintained in his Gmail account — a total of about 60,000 — were unlocked for the Russian hackers. Mr. Delavan, in an interview, said that his bad advice was a result of a typo: He knew this was a phishing attack, as the campaign was getting dozens of them. He said he had meant to type that it was an “illegitimate” email, an error that he said has plagued him ever since.

Why would the aide say that he needed to change his password, and urgently, if the email was "illegitimate"? That is absurd and quite insulting to think the public would buy a typo as an excuse.

Why would the aide say that he needed to change his password, and urgently, if the email was "illegitimate"? That is absurd and quite insulting to think the public would buy a typo as an excuse.

You clearly didn't read the story because it has a screenshot of the email that the IT guy sent which provided him with instructions on how to properly change his password (in case the account had already been compromised). But unfortunately, rather than following these instructions, they followed the instructions in the original fishing email because the IT guy accidentally said it was legitimate.

It's almost comical the extent to which the shills on here go to throw out attacks (and against an IT guy? why?) when they have no idea what they're talking about.

You clearly didn't read the story because it has a screenshot of the email that the IT guy sent which provided him with instructions on how to properly change his password (in case the account had already been compromised). But unfortunately, rather than following these instructions, they followed the instructions in the original fishing email because the IT guy accidentally said it was legitimate.

It's almost comical the extent to which the shills on here go to throw out attacks (and against an IT guy? why?) when they have no idea what they're talking about.

nevermind, i misread it. i thought the link he provided was the fake one.

Last edited:
Look forward to reading BSF and Knowell's response to the Times piece. Should be mandatory reading for every American.

That click quite possibly cost Hillary the presidency. Crazy.

:eek:

"In August a group that called itself the “Shadow Brokers” published a set of software tools that looked like what the N.S.A. uses to break into foreign computer networks and install “implants,” malware that can be used for surveillance or attack. The code came from the Tailored Access Operations unit of the N.S.A., a secretive group that mastered the arts of surveillance and cyberwar.

The assumption — still unproved — was that the code was put out in the open by the Russians as a warning: Retaliate for the D.N.C., and there are a lot more secrets, from the hackings of the State Department, the White House and the Pentagon, that might be spilled as well. One senior official compared it to the scene in “The Godfather” where the head of a favorite horse is left in a bed, as a warning."

All because of the equivalent of a drunk email. I can vividly remember my first drunk email back in 1998. I Tried desperately to figure out how to unsend to no avail. Not a good day for young Wrangor. Haha.

Did I say legitimate? I meant illegitimate! Noooooo!!!!!!!!!

Look forward to reading BSF and Knowell's response to the Times piece. Should be mandatory reading for every American.

They won't respond. Or will just deflect with some "we don't know that it had any effect on the result!!1!!" stuff. Or post some Breitbart article finding some flaw in the Times piece. It's all too predictable

They won't respond. Or will just deflect with some "we don't know that it had any effect on the result!!1!!" stuff. Or post some Breitbart article finding some flaw in the Times piece. It's all too predictable

Do you even read the posts of the people you complain about?

I have said all along that the Russians almost assuredly were behind this.

If you don't want the truth about your candidate sabotaging the election, then don't conspire to rig the primary for a corrupt politician.

You guys need to learn how to lose with a shred of dignity.

Tired of losing? Don't coronate a shitty candidate.

This illustrates why this became a perfect wedge issue for the right. Clinton beat Sanders because millions of more Dems voted for her. But the Sanders supporters didn't want to hear this and were easily susceptible to propaganda (DNC, exit polls, etc.). And of course the right gleefully latched onto this line of reasoning/attack as it benefited them.

Last edited:
Anyone who works in the security or infrastructure world for the past 4-5 years for any major western governmental organization or multinational corporation will tell you that Russia has been involved in all out cyberwar for at least that length of time and quite likely for far longer. As the spouse of someone involved in a major international security organization and who has lived in Russia, I have actively destroyed pieces of hardware I found to be compromised by malware, changed telephone handsets, routinely scanned my home network and computers with tools that no home user would even have access to and I'm still fairly certain that much of our personal correspondence is fully compromised (vadtoy uses only specialty hardware for her work purposes, but many in her organization like in all others are lazier about information security).

Russia has the best and most organized nation state cyberwar organization, and it's not really even close. This isn't even an open secret, it's just out in the open period.

If you don't want the truth about your candidate sabotaging the election, then don't conspire to rig the primary for a corrupt politician.

If Donald Trump's private emails had also been released, who would have won?

I'm not pissed because Hillary lost. I'm pissed because Russia fucked with our election. I'd still be pissed if she'd won.

"Lose with dignity" has nothing to do with this. I'm not trying to overturn the election.

I'm not pissed because Hillary lost. I'm pissed because Russia fucked with our election. I'd still be pissed if she'd won.

"Lose with dignity" has nothing to do with this. I'm not trying to overturn the election.

I wouldn't put me in the 'pissed' category, but disappointed for sure. We got beat at our own game. USA has been in this business for a long time, and Russia just pwned us at our own game. Huge embarrassment for our country and even bigger obviously for the democratic party.

Back