• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

CzSC-42XgAAxxXf.jpg

Mitch McConnell needs to be tried for treason. What a fucking little worm.

The Democratic leaders in the room unanimously agreed on the need to take the threat seriously. Republicans, however, were divided, with at least two GOP lawmakers reluctant to accede to the White House requests.According to several officials, McConnell raised doubts about the underlying intelligence and made clear to the administration that he would consider any effort by the White House to challenge the Russians publicly an act of partisan politics.
...McConnell’s office did not respond to a request for comment. After the election, Trump chose McConnell’s wife, Elaine Chao, as his nominee for transportation secretary.

z2nom4X.png

Mitch McConnell needs to be tried for treason. What a fucking little worm.

z2nom4X.png

This guy is a Dem on the Intelligence Committee. Notice what he refuses to say.

So, Russia picked our President* and the GOP and FBI knew it. Alright, that's a wrap.

"One of the biggest electoral college victories in history!" What a bunch of fucking brilliant assholes. They pepper these statements and press releases with minor lies in the hopes that we'll start arguing over the definition of 'landslide' or what the actual biggest EC victories were instead of focusing on the actual massive problem with the CIAs leak. Brilliant, deceptive politicking.

There's literally nothing true in that release. Two lies and a catch phrase.

Trump is THE most illegitimate POTUS in US history. He lost the popular vote by over 2.6M and was helped to win by the FBI and Russia. There should be an independent investigation of this.

Part of this investigation should be why Comey didn't tell the public the FBI was investigating Russia but did announce they were investigating Anthony Weiner's dick pic emails. Comey needs to step down and be personally investigated.

Last edited:
This guy is a Dem on the Intelligence Committee. Notice what he refuses to say.

This is as stupid as the "he refuses to say RADICAL Islamic Terrorism" bullshit that the right puts out.

OK, let's assume this has legs. What then? I can't even begin to imagine the chaos in the markets if it turns out our election system can't be trusted.

We are all so fucked if this is true.

It's amazing. People determine who they trust and then determine what they'll believe.

I can't wait for the cognitive dissonance of trump quoting and citing a WaPo article this morning.

OK, let's assume this has legs. What then? I can't even begin to imagine the chaos in the markets if it turns out our election system can't be trusted.

I think it's more that it's really fucked up than it changes the results of the election or challenges the legitimacy of trump. Seems like the system can't be trusted because people in the year 2016 are too easily manipulated, which results from a laundry list of reasons.

This is a really good question and I honestly have no idea.

And I don't think it's a matter of whether the story is true or not. It's a matter of whether voters (particularly Trump voters like our friend BSF) want to believe it or not. This story has been reported throughout the past couple of months and has been basically buried by a lot of the superfluous noise like Trumps dumb tweets and hillarys dumb emails. We basically watched it (Russian interference) happen in real time and did very little.

Check out Kurt Eichenwald from Newsweek if you're interested in learning more. Esquire released a great article last month that puts all of the pieces together. Don't have time to dig them up now but there is a lot of info from various sources out there including foreign intel agencies.

It's not IF this true. It is true. It's like NewEngland says, the MLM has basically buried this to cover Trump's tweets. The MLM should stop covering Trump's tweets and do this 24/7 through the inauguration.

This is as stupid as the "he refuses to say RADICAL Islamic Terrorism" bullshit that the right puts out.

Nothing stupid about it. He wants to distract from the substance of the Podesta emails and shift the focus from the corruption they reveal, to deligitimizing Trump's victory. He wants to make the public think the Podesta emails were hacked because of Putin but he then refuses to say it. If there was solid evidence and he's confident in it he would have gladly said it.

Back