• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Everybody is hacking everyone they can. To believe anything else is to be entirely naive and utterly foolish. Quit whining and see the world more realistically.

You guys have to learn how to take the L. There will be another game. Fixating on a game that has already been played and lost (blaming the officiating), rather than trying to get better for the next game is a sure recipe for future losses.

Taking the L is a stupid way of looking at the situation.

Corporate kleptocracy, which is absolutely the direction of the Trump transition team at the moment, is an objectively bad thing. It's a bad thing when a democrat does it and it's a bad thing when a republican does it.

A republican will be in the White House come 2017. I suppose this is a W for most pubs on here (even if y'all were never Trump supporters) and is an L to the liberals on here whose behavior was pretty gross towards dissenting viewpoints at every stage of the election. I don't mind the gloating because I'm sure the board left would be doing so at the expense of Trump supporters and the right if the outcome was different. Hell, they partied like Clinton won since she announced her candidacy. I get it. I really do.

But beyond the, frankly, petty responses to some of these issues from board Pubs is the reality (and a profound lack of empathy to the reality) that there may be significant consequences for the next eight years and beyond. Whether we're talking about impending systematic dismantling of progress made in climate science and policy, or workers rights and wages in the fabled Rust Belt, or putting foxes in charge of the financial hen house, or to international diplomacy - it doesn't matter how the press has made you feel about liberals and conservatives. Or about the state of the world. Your feelings, or even the aggregate of feelings as reactionary politics, literally don't matter in the scheme of things.

The direction that the transition team is going in is an L for Democrats, for Republicans, for Libertarians, for Greens, for Anarchists, for Reds, and for whatever the hell else exists in this country. It's a W for those who stand to benefit from the corporate kleptocracy, for internet trolls like bsf4l, and for "alt-right" true believers, which include neo-Nazis, white supremacists, homophobes and religious fundamentalist extremists, men's rights activists and other misogynist organizations, and isolationist xenophobes who want to roll back every ounce of social progress made in the last few decades.

Your feelings are your feelings and if schadenfreude is what you need right now on a message board, then so be it. If butt hurt and denial are what you need on a message board right now, then so be it. I just hope that deep down, beyond the self-righteous trolling, everybody on here recognizes the threat that this impending presidency invites for all of us - the marginalized and precarious, the middle classes and working classes, the comfortable and secure, the families and single people, the immigrants and native-born, the working and unemployed, the young, and the elderly. Good lord do we all have some work to do.

Last edited:
Everybody is hacking everyone they can. To believe anything else is to be entirely naive and utterly foolish. Quit whining and see the world more realistically.

You mean like all the people with ties to Putin who are in Trump's inner circle as well?

You may not like the metaphor and it may be unoriginal but it does not miss the point. It is dead on and you are wallowing in self pity. Time to pick yourself up and try to fix that mess of a party you belong to.

The hardcore Hillbots will never blame the party and take some responsibility for what happened. That would require a degree of self-reflection they don't possess. Much easier to blame the racist/sexist white rubes of America (defined as everyone who didn't vote for Hillary) and Putin.

The hardcore Hillbots will never blame the party and take some responsibility for what happened. That would require a degree of self-reflection they don't possess. Much easier to blame the racist/sexist white rubes of America (defined as everyone who didn't vote for Hillary) and Putin.

You say this a lot, but it's not really true. I've seen a couple of posters, in frustration, draw on the unsubstantiated third party vote explanation for why Clinton lost, but there are plenty of self-critical voices on the left on here.

Your choosing not to engage with them is your prerogative, (this is, after all, how echo chambers work), but it doesn't mean that they don't exist.

You say this a lot, but it's not really true. I've seen a couple of posters, in frustration, draw on the unsubstantiated third party vote explanation for why Clinton lost, but there are plenty of self-critical voices on the left on here.

Your choosing not to engage with them is your prerogative, (this is, after all, how echo chambers work), but it doesn't mean that they don't exist.
I said the hardcore Hillbots, not all Clinton supporters.

What you said. It also is frustrating that in the end that without reflection by both parties it's the people that lose. We have a government from both sides that doesn't reflect the will of the people, maybe little bits and fractured pieces of it but not close to the way the government was meant to function.

Corporate kleptocracy, which is absolutely the direction of the Trump transition team at the moment, is an objectively bad thing. It's a bad thing when a democrat does it and it's a bad thing when a republican does it.

A republican will be in the White House come 2017. I suppose this is a W for most pubs on here (even if y'all were never Trump supporters) and is an L to the liberals on here whose behavior was pretty gross towards dissenting viewpoints at every stage of the election. I don't mind the gloating because I'm sure the board left would be doing so at the expense of Trump supporters and the right if the outcome was different. Hell, they partied like Clinton won since she announced her candidacy. I get it. I really do.

But beyond the, frankly, petty responses to some of these issues from board Pubs is the reality (and a profound lack of empathy to the reality) that there may be significant consequences for the next eight years and beyond. Whether we're talking about impending systematic dismantling of progress made in climate science and policy, or workers rights and wages in the fabled Rust Belt, or putting foxes in charge of the financial hen house, or to international diplomacy - it doesn't matter how the press has made you feel about liberals and conservatives. Or about the state of the world. Your feelings, or even the aggregate of feelings as reactionary politics, literally don't matter in the scheme of things.

The direction that the transition team is going in is an L for Democrats, for Republicans, for Libertarians, for Greens, for Anarchists, for Reds, and for whatever the hell else exists in this country. It's a W for those who stand to benefit from the corporate kleptocracy, for internet trolls like bsf4l, and for "alt-right" true believers, which include neo-Nazis, white supremacists, homophobes and religious fundamentalist extremists, men's rights activists and other misogynist organizations, and isolationist xenophobes who want to roll back every ounce of social progress made in the last few decades.

Your feelings are your feelings and if schadenfreude is what you need right now on a message board, then so be it. If butt hurt and denial are what you need on a message board right now, then so be it. I just hope that deep down, beyond the self-righteous trolling, everybody on here recognizes the threat that this impending presidency invites for all of us - the marginalized and precarious, the middle classes and working classes, the comfortable and secure, the families and single people, the immigrants and native-born, the working and unemployed, the young, and the elderly. Good lord do we all have some work to do.

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican, and this summarizes my thoughts perfectly. Well said.

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican, and this summarizes my thoughts perfectly. Well said.

Yes, you're just rabidly opposed to Trump and were a Clinton supporter like most of the people on here.

truth

Not sure what you mean by a corporate kleptocracy. Could you explain what you see along those lines.

Overall I am mostly pleased with Trumps choices. Not 100%, but better than I expected. I think it will be good to inject some curiosity into the climate change train, but I can see where climate alarmist would be unhappy with this choice. Trump is definitely dancing to his own drum beat but I think American politics could stand the fresh air.

I think we should wait and see how this all plays out. I am cautiously optimistic.

i Love how strick tries to position himself above the fray but just churns out heaps of shit

So the counter argument I heard on the radio today is that the RNC is saying the FBI investigated whether they had been hacked and found no evidence of it, which contradicts the CIA claim that it was.

I don't know what the fuck to really believe anymore, but I'm 100% certain that Trump vs. the entire Intelligence Community is going to end poorly for Trump.

How does Putin's dick taste, Bob 2 and knowell? I know you're swallowing, comrades.

If ELC wasn't a bitch, he'd be all over this.

As someone who didn't vote for Trump and considered him the last straw in leaving the party, it's still been entertaining as hell seeing how butthurt libs are.

Back