• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 202: Stolen good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen this new burger that is completely vegetarian but bleeds" like a beef burger?

GROSS. I can't imagine a big group of vegetarians and vegans asking for a bleeding burger substitute.

is it just beets?

you've never had a non-beef burger that was better than just some ground beef and two buns?

I've had some pretty bitchin lamb, bison, and even veggie burgers.

side note, what's the best burger you've ever had? it's pretty hard to top a Ray's Hell Burger in DC.

i mean i've had some blandass burgers at cookouts and fast food joints but...the principle is true

i think that's pretty ridiculous. ground beef is fine but a basic hamburger with no extras is easily eclipsed in the food world.

i think that's pretty ridiculous. ground beef is fine but a basic hamburger with no extras is easily eclipsed in the food world.

i'm thinking mostly in terms of what i've cooked for myself--i don't eat a TON of burgers of any meat when i'm out

i guess there's a low floor for burgers

but if you're cooking one yourself, it's just so easy to make a really fucking tasty one

less so with turkey, beans, whatever

Have you seen this new burger that is completely vegetarian but bleeds" like a beef burger?

GROSS. I can't imagine a big group of vegetarians and vegans asking for a bleeding burger substitute.

They're cornering the market on vicious vegetarians! All of the red stuff, none of the heartache!

I think the objection is less about that than the horrible conditions most chickens who produce mass market eggs are subjected to. Or maybe both. I don't know. Same with cheese and cows and goats.

I hear this, which is why I spend stupid amounts of money for better eggs.
I used to buy eggs from a coworker but she stopped selling; need to find someone else. Fresh eggs are the best.

the idea of eating a non beef burger makes me want to throw up. Never had one, never will.

i was never really on board with the egg on a burger thing until au cheval

i know juice hated on it but i thought it was fantastic

of course now that i know he's mostly vegetarian, i'm not sure his opinion on good burgers is all that worthwhile

also a recent convert to egg on a burger. Had my first recently, its tasty.

the idea of eating a non beef burger makes me want to throw up. Never had one, never will.

I mean, what about a black bean burger that's not trying to be a beef burger - it's its own sandwich/flavor/etc.
Would you just call it a sandwich at that point for it to be more palatable?

I wish there was an option to just get a runny yolk, I don't really want the white on there. Same for pretty much any food that includes a runny egg: ramen, benedicts, pasta, etc.

Not a huge turkey or chicken burger fan, but I've had several awesome salmon burgers.

I wish there was an option to just get a runny yolk, I don't really want the white on there. Same for pretty much any food that includes a runny egg: ramen, benedicts, pasta, etc.

oh man i like every part of the egg in thai or korean tho

Egg on burger is good if the bun is strong enough to sustain the runny yolk. If everything literally falls apart then it isn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back