• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 202: Stolen good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
brioche makes for a terrible bun btw. restaurants should stop doing that.

I mean, what about a black bean burger that's not trying to be a beef burger - it's its own sandwich/flavor/etc.
Would you just call it a sandwich at that point for it to be more palatable?

Isn't that just a form of sloppy joe, how is it a burger?

there's a great breakfast burger at my local that has pork roll, eggs bennie, and beef burger but it's tough to eat on the english muffin

Pretzels may be my favorite food, but pretzel buns usually are disappointing to me. Considering how good pretzel bread can be as like an appetizer, the bun usually falls short.

Pretzels may be my favorite food, but pretzel buns usually are disappointing to me. Considering how good pretzel bread can be as like an appetizer, the bun usually falls short.

I actually agree with this take. I always get taken in when it's an option for a bun, and then it's never as good as I want it to be. Either too dense or not salty enough or something.

But disagree with palma on not liking non-beef burgers. I mean, beef burgers are the best typically, but others can be good in their own way. Morning Star Farms' chipotle black bean burger from Costco is pretty awesome. And we've had some chicken burgers from Costco that are really good too (can't remember what else is in them - red pepper and gouda or something maybe?)

i was never really on board with the egg on a burger thing until au cheval

i know juice hated on it but i thought it was fantastic

of course now that i know he's mostly vegetarian, i'm not sure his opinion on good burgers is all that worthwhile

Egg on burger wasn't the problem. Just thought the burger was way too salty and defs not the best I've had in Chicago (Bad Apple is best).

Egg on my bibimbap is always great. An egg is generally a great addition, though the egg on pizza thing never did it for me.

There's a place out here that makes a 50/50 burger. Its half bacon and half beef. If you ever have a chance to try one, pass.

There's a place out here that makes a 50/50 burger. Its half bacon and half beef. If you ever have a chance to try one, pass.

There was someone on a food blog who did a bacon burger. He said the first bite was the best thing he's ever tasted. Every bite after was the worst thing he's ever tasted.

I feel like by the time the bacon is crisp the beef is gonna be dry as shit

I've gotten really good at making a burger on cast iron so I don't even order one out much anymore

I've gotten really good at making a burger on cast iron so I don't even order one out much anymore

My problem has always been shaping. No matter what I do, I end up with a wad of meat. I've tried dimpling as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back