• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 202: Stolen good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DR has always been a HUGE proponent of an on-campus basketball arena and when discussing would say, "hide your keys, we're coming."

Why? I guess what DF09 said above

DR has always been a HUGE proponent of an on-campus basketball arena and when discussing would say, "hide your keys, we're coming."

Why? I guess what DF09 said above

I thought it had something to do with shaking your keys during kickoff, back in the day.

I'm a most-the-time vegetarian. It's not hard.

Yeah, I was veggie for about 10 years, but now I eat just about anything other than red meat. That said, I only prepare meat maybe twice a week. Lots of good veggie dishes, might add an egg to them, or still just prefer tofu in things like curry.
I was at a potluck on Saturday and had a delicious venison stew; not sure what 'kind' of meat venison is (red?) but I love it and am definitely on board with sustainable hunting for delicious food.

I was a vegetarian for a month just to see if I could do it. It sucked so so hard.

I tried and hated every substitute and ended up just eating cereal the last couple days.

ITT people who made the choice to be vegetarian explain to non-vegetarians how easy it is. Also vegan is way worse than just vegetarianism. No cheese!? My mom is eating paleo these days and even that's a pain when she visits.

my sister went vegetarian for almost a year when we were growing up

my parents barely even tried accommodating her

still vegetarian tonight? cool you get salad again.

damn't Apple quit sending me emails about my order. It was a gift and every single email you send has to be archived. Gonna ruin my xmas present.

Just set up rules based filter to auto-archive #dealwithit

What is the worst gift you have ever received?

A Christmas-y/Jesus snowglobe for our wedding, which I'm fairly positive was re-gifted. We don't go to church, our wedding was in June, and perhaps it goes without saying, but that (or anything remotely like it) was not on the registry.

I accidentally dropped and broke it not long after opening it.

I grew up vegetarian. I probably had bites of meat here and there, but don't think I regularly started eating it until I was in my teens. I remember my first steak at 16 sitting HEAVY in my tummy.

I always thought "Hide Your Keys," was donaldross, HomeGamesInHarmsWay, whateverthefuckhewascallinghimself, was a threat to the Athletic Department to hide their keys to the Joel because donaldross and his army were going to come and take them so that no one could get into the Joel and they would have to play on campus. But I don't know and I don't really care. That guy is kind of weird, although I did like when he was throwing 20s around at Woody's after we beat UNC at the Dean Dome in the early aughts -- bought a couple of pitchers of beer with that.

I was a vegetarian for a month just to see if I could do it. It sucked so so hard.

I tried and hated every substitute and ended up just eating cereal the last couple days.

I would argue that most vegetarians don't eat a lot of the substitute stuff. That stuff is gross. The trick is you don't try to just re-create what you would eat if you were eating meat; you find actual good recipes that don't include meat. Boom. Vegetarian.

deer; red.

duh, I know it's deer. I hope that wasn't in question.

What's the qualifier for red meat (and yes, I realize the obvious answer is color, but it seems like there's more to it than that)? Why is pork not considered red meat? It's not the same as chicken in terms of the ability to do steaks, etc... but I do see where it cooks to grey/white as opposed to maintaining the red color.

Shopping/meal-planning/cooking all take that much longer. More frequent trips to the grocery store to get fresh stuff. Better planning required to make sure you're set nutritionally. In general less quick and easy options.

Shopping/meal-planning/cooking all take that much longer. More frequent trips to the grocery store to get fresh stuff. Better planning required to make sure you're set nutritionally. In general less quick and easy options.

Completely disagree, but I don't think we're going to agree so that's fine. It's just a matter of what you're used to. Once you have a routine and go-to things, it's really easy.

That's the whole point, she lives a mile away from there

c1e9e57f041b09f15e6115ad458b9429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um wait.....how are we not addressing the fact that Palma dropped the dating bomb on this girl before they even had a date??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back