• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Meh, att the end of the day, we were going to suck anyway. The real shame in this will be if Wellman is able to use it to rehabilitate his own image.

I would be extremely surprised if there was any evidence of direct payment from anyone inside another schools athletic program. My guess would be boosters. No way, anyone would be stupid enough to leave behind a trail--well other than Louisville.

Wellman really should release the info on what schools were involved unless they take action themselves. Any program that used his information should be penalized by the ncaa or at least identified by the conference. Presidents should be up in arms about their schools cheating like they are about politics. One also has to wonder if he released player injury info that could have provided schools insight into how to eliminate significant players like Kendall and John. That would simply be sick!

Or he could have just told other teams "you don't have to prepare for X this week. We're starting Kearns." Shit like that would be huge to an opponent.

Is it possible the "multiple occasions" was only the 3 games to Louisville, and he was tight with somebody on the staff there?

He's completely deleted everything he has on the Internet - Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. From the Google result on his LinkedIn, he's a Business Development Director at Verger Capital Management.

ETA: not listed on that company's website, as someone has posted.

Isn't Verger Capital like a spin-off of Wake's endowment office that they took private? No way he's going to be allowed to stay on there

I would be extremely surprised if there was any evidence of direct payment from anyone inside another schools athletic program. My guess would be boosters. No way, anyone would be stupid enough to leave behind a trail--well other than Louisville.

Maybe this was Louisville's way of dealing with the situation without directly accusing anyone of anything. Just leave the Wake information in the stadium where the Wake advance people would find it and let things proceed from there.

Isn't Verger Capital like a spin-off of Wake's endowment office that they took private? No way he's going to be allowed to stay on there

Yes. And he has already been removed from their website.

Its Louisville. Petrino is going to pull the same "i had no idea" bull shit that Pitino used.
Maybe this was Louisville's way of dealing with the situation without directly accusing anyone of anything. Just leave the Wake information in the stadium where the Wake advance people would find it and let things proceed from there.

As others have mentioned, waiting for the stories of scapegoats from other schools that were complicit in this. If there is evidence that he did this, there is likely evidence of who was on the other end.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

According to the twitters, Elrod had retained a criminal defense attorney- WFU's own James Quander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is going to be represented by a former Wake Forest football player? This just gets crazier.

Or he could have just told other teams "you don't have to prepare for X this week. We're starting Kearns." Shit like that would be huge to an opponent.

Is it possible the "multiple occasions" was only the 3 games to Louisville, and he was tight with somebody on the staff there?

Like Lonnie?

He is going to be represented by a former Wake Forest football player? This just gets crazier.

I'm in complete disbelief.

I mean, he could be somewhat responsible for Hinton's injury. He is very well responsible for the beatings Wolford took the last three years.

Well, apparently he was doing deals from his work email and phone - so who knows who got caught up in that stupidity.

How could he be responsible for the non contact injury to Hinton?

Not directly, but indirectly? I can't remember the specifics of the play, but I do remember Hinton going down without contact. Didn't he reverse direction or something? I remember him going down in a crowd.

Not saying he was responsible, just that he could be indirectly responsible.

Back