• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Not directly, but indirectly? I can't remember the specifics of the play, but I do remember Hinton going down without contact. Didn't he reverse direction or something? I remember him going down in a crowd.

Not saying he was responsible, just that he could be indirectly responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there was speculation that his knee was originally hurt on the play he got pummeled while throwing, and then made it worse on the next play on a cut.

The funny thing is I bet we covered against LVille all three years.

Les Johns ‏@Les_Johns 55m55 minutes ago
Wake Football SID Steve Shutt: "We have notified everybody that needs to be notified. It's up to them to take the appropriate action."

Great question. Yet another angle. After the initial shock of this, nothing will surprise me.

According to the twitters, Elrod had retained a criminal defense attorney- WFU's own James Quander.

OK, I was wrong. I'm surprised any fellow Deac would defend this guy.

Good point. It's bad, regardless but hoping it was limited to Lonnie/UL.

This was Galloway's first year at Louisville. Have we played any other teams with staff who used to work at Wake?

Les Johns ‏@Les_Johns 55m55 minutes ago
Wake Football SID Steve Shutt: "We have notified everybody that needs to be notified. It's up to them to take the appropriate action."

So sounds like this means they know from emails, texts, etc. who else has been involved. Good.

Clawson deserves coach of the year for getting us bowl eligible despite every opponent having inside scoop on us.

So sounds like this means they know from emails, texts, etc. who else has been involved. Good.

Yeah. But I don't like the passive tone coming from Shutt. We should be seeking action against anybody else who was involved.

Clawson deserves coach of the year for getting us bowl eligible despite every opponent having inside scoop on us.

Let's stick with the facts. We don't know that. We just know it happened more than once starting in 2014.

Last edited:
I don't believe anyone from Grobe's staff was retained. It's not like he was singled out.

Good point. This is shocking and absolutely inexplicable. K vegas said it. The WF community was tremendous to Elroy and his family. There had to be money involved. No vendetta or personal bull shit could explain this.

Yeah. But I don't like the passive tone coming from Shutt. We should be seeking action against anybody else who was involved.

Perhaps giving the schools involved in this the opportunity to come clean

Let's stick with the facts. We don't know that. We just know it happened more than once.

True but if its been going on since 2014 you can only assume a good amount of our opponents have benefited from this

This seems to be a very rapidly developing story. I am OK with giving other schools who might be involved a little time to come clean and fess up. If they don't within a very short time, then by all means, out them as people with whom Elrod communicated the availability of WFU football information.

Perhaps giving the schools involved in this the opportunity to come clean

Oh sure. I would have liked to see it implied that if they don't, we will out them. Something like: "We have notified everybody that needs to be notified. We will give them ample opportunity to take the appropriate action."

Last edited:
Back