• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Hopefully the attorney who took the case will allow Elrod to host an AMA here. That would be fun.

Les Johns ‏@Les_Johns 55m55 minutes ago
Wake Football SID Steve Shutt: "We have notified everybody that needs to be notified. It's up to them to take the appropriate action."

So dv7 has been notified... Is Winter finally coming?

Clawson seems like he can be pretty prickly. Love to see him confront Tommy Boy.

There is no motive behind why this was done, and Blogger So Dear has no more information than what is listed above. Speculation at this juncture is pointless, but needless to say this is extremely disappointing from all angles. We will cover more as it comes out.

If you look at Riley's comments in the ESPN story. You would think he wrote the last part. This really blows. I absolutely hate what happened to their family. I can't imagine what I would do if it happened to me. I'm not sure it would make me turn my back on the place that took care of me. I also hate this for what he has done to the student athletes that have come through the system. There the book at him though.

There is no motive behind why this was done, and Blogger So Dear has no more information than what is listed above. Speculation at this juncture is pointless, but needless to say this is extremely disappointing from all angles. We will cover more as it comes out.

If you look at Riley's comments in the ESPN story. You would think he wrote the last part. This really blows. I absolutely hate what happened to their family. I can't imagine what I would do if it happened to me. I'm not sure it would make me turn my back on the place that took care of me. I also hate this for what he has done to the student athletes that have come through the system. There the book at him though.

To be fair, (a) Riley did write that last part.

I wonder what Tommy Boy is doing right at this very moment.

Man, wasn't really friends w Elrod, but hung out with him a few times and am friends with a ton of folks who are close with his wife and fam.

Just bad news bears all around. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a kid, but man, I don't think I'd do this. Maybe they needed the $$ who knows. Just really disappointing.

Example number 450,341 why grown men who go by boyhood nicknames like Tommy/Chuckie/Jimmy etc. cannot and should not be trusted.

No way there is another side to this story that makes it ok..this guy turned his back on his alma mater. He worked against every kid busting his ass trying to win games for Wake. A big middle finger to you fucker..and I hope Dave Clawson sticks his foot up your ass for trying to sabotage his career

Man, wasn't really friends w Elrod, but hung out with him a few times and am friends with a ton of folks who are close with his wife and fam.

Just bad news bears all around. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a kid, but man, I don't think I'd do this. Maybe they needed the $$ who knows. Just really disappointing.

Pretty sure his cushy day job provided by wake and his radio gig should have provided enough cash to live comfortably

If they figured it out quick after Louisville I bet they caught him red handed at the last game. Tim Duncan as the bag man and CP3 as the lookout. Cash for game plans in a Starbucks parking lot. Busted sucka! Kudos fellas!

Yeah. But I don't like the passive tone coming from Shutt. We should be seeking action against anybody else who was involved.

Maybe the ones that have been notified are the NCAA, ACC, and law enforcement?

Our offense finna look like the 2004 USC squad now that we exposed the cheaters

I know we're speculating as to what schools, if any, took the info and ran with it, but seriously, would that be an NCAA violation? Perhaps an ACC rules violation, but if you have an inside guy offering you info and you use it, do NCAA bylaws even address that? My guess would be that they don't since they're so focused on kids, recruiting, benefits, etc... I'm not sure if that changes even if money changed hands since it wouldn't involve student-athletes.

Back