• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Brian Knorr was the DC at Indiana last season (2015)

Good call. That's two former colleagues on 2015 and 2016 opponents. How about 2014?

You'd have to think it was only one or two schools. If it was every school why wouldn't at least one come out and say "um dude what's going on here". I presume the last thing Clemson would want is to fuck their season up being linked to a scandal from a school they'd beat anyway. Right?

COuld this possibly spell the end for Wellman or does the teflon don just sail through it on his magic carpet?

I hope the national media at least picks it up for a couple days. Maybe the bowl game will keep it in the news...

Let's make this thing a positive.

USA Today just updated their story.

Tommy Elrod has just been named Commissioner of the SEC.

An unnamed source shrugged and said, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'."

I see no reason to believe this will have any impact on Wellman's employment status.

I see no reason to believe this will have any impact on Wellman's employment status.

Oh he will play this as a victim. Even though it was the blood sweat and tears of coaches and players that was really at stake.

Former Grobe assistant coaches who coached Wake opponents from 2014-2016:

2014 - Ray McCartney (Army)
2015 - Brian Knorr (Indiana)
2016 - Lonnie Galloway (Louisville)

This is only speculation. I'm definitely NOT saying this is what happened. But these are people Elrod worked with who coached against Wake since 2014. It's possible.

COuld this possibly spell the end for Wellman or does the teflon don just sail through it on his magic carpet?

I hope the national media at least picks it up for a couple days. Maybe the bowl game will keep it in the news...

Let's make this thing a positive.

Why would this jeopardize Wellmans job?

Back