• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

COuld this possibly spell the end for Wellman or does the teflon don just sail through it on his magic carpet?

I hope the national media at least picks it up for a couple days. Maybe the bowl game will keep it in the news...

Let's make this thing a positive.

Only way Wellman goes is if it is revealed that Elrod was a DOUBLE AGENT trading football secrets on behalf of Wellman for favorable votes from conference ADs on league matters.

Why would this jeopardize Wellmans job?

If my boss hired me and I gave company secrets to competitors I feel fairly certain he would be worried about retaining his job even if he wasn't complicit... Especially if the media picked it up.

I'm not saying it's going to bc this is the teflon don we are talking about but at the very least it's another stain on his resume.

Why would this jeopardize Wellmans job?

This happened under his nose. He let a former employee have free reign around the program. Probably won't cost him his job but it doesn't make him look good.

If my boss hired me and I gave company secrets to competitors I feel fairly certain he would be worried about retaining his job even if he wasn't complicit... Especially if the media picked it up.

Wellman helped set up the radio gig, but IMG was his employer, not the Wake AD.

Plus, this is Wake fucking Forest. The media won't pay this any more attention after another 48 hours unless some other bombshell comes out.

Get over it. This has nothing to do with Wellman's future.

So Biff, are you saying Wellman has a future? Can't wait to see it happen. As they say, "he has a ton of potential", which is code for he hasn't done it yet.

Whoa ! Just saw on Twitter that Wellman has resigned !

Ooooooopppppsss !

wow, 15 pages already.

What is/was the smoking pistol?

I don't think this will have an impact on Wellman's job. He would've had no reason to ever believe Elrod was capable of something like this. Nor would anyone else in the athletic department for that matter. The guy appeared to bleed old gold and black.

He completely screwed his alma mater and his football fraternity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened under his nose. He let a former employee have free reign around the program. Probably won't cost him his job but it doesn't make him look good.

Oh geez, was he supposed to see this coming? How could he have? Nobody saw it coming. How could you ever expect that someone with this close of ties to your program would do this?

And anyway, Clawson's the one who controls access to the program. Ron wouldn't overrule Clawson on a decision in that regard

Wellman set him up with the radio gig, but Clawson was the one who was OK with him being around at film sessions, practices, etc. Who the hell expects someone with deep ties to the school to go rogue like this? You people are being ridiculous.

If they figured it out quick after Louisville I bet they caught him red handed at the last game. Tim Duncan as the bag man and CP3 as the lookout. Cash for game plans in a Starbucks parking lot. Busted sucka! Kudos fellas!

Everybody knows Gary Clark is the guy you want as your lookout.

Oh geez, was he supposed to see this coming? How could he have? Nobody saw it coming. How could you ever expect that someone with this close of ties to your program would do this?

And anyway, Clawson's the one who controls access to the program. Ron wouldn't overrule Clawson on a decision in that regard

Exactly, the hatred for RW here boarders on the irrational.

Not a friend of Elrod's, but definitely an acquaintance. Saw him a LOT the past 3 springs/summers at the Little League fields here in W-S. Quiet, humble, zero attitude. Locals here that know him are shocked

Docs/plays found at Louisville. Led to a string of texts/emails.

I've got to think that OL and Petrino must be involved somehow.
The turnaround in our game was unbelievable........even for Wake

Not a friend of Elrod's, but definitely an acquaintance. Saw him a LOT the past 3 springs/summers at the Little League fields here in W-S. Quiet, humble, zero attitude. Locals here that know him are shocked

I'm trying to figure out exactly why he did it.
It's like betraying one's family
Simply don't understand it

Back