• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

It's not like allowing your team radio guys to have access to the program is some crazy decision. Guys like Stan are basically part of the basketball and football programs. They travel with the team, eat at the team meals, have close relationships with the coaching staff, etc.

It's not that different than if our team athletic trainer or equipment manager decided to start leaking info.

In many ways it's sad that it was someone this close to the program. But one of the ways is that it will no doubt lead us to shut off access to a lot of people who we used to allow to watch our practices and watch practice film, like NFL scouts. I have to think that's only going to hurt our players and our program, and that's a shame.

It's not like allowing your team radio guys to have access to the program is some crazy decision. Guys like Stan are basically part of the basketball and football programs. They travel with the team, eat at the team meals, have close relationships with the coaching staff, etc.

Maybe that is why the basketball program sucks.

The lack of information makes me read a slight tone of WFU propaganda into it. I don't trust MSD entirely because they have a history of attempting to spin stories. I am not saying there is no truth to the story, and WFU and IMG would certainly have not taken the actions they did without justification, but the lack of transparency raises my antennae.

I agree. Wellman's regime lost all credibility with me a long time ago. Though the statement released by the Athletic Department and Elrod's termination by IMG are damning, it seems wise to reserve judgment until the facts and evidence are actually revealed. Of course, I think it's unlikely that we will ever hear the full story on this issue or that Wake will even disclose the evidence that was collected.

I agree. Wellman's regime lost all credibility with me a long time ago. Though the statement released by the Athletic Department and Elrod's termination by IMG are damning, it seems wise to reserve judgment until the facts and evidence are actually revealed. Of course, I think it's unlikely that we will ever hear the full story on this issue or that Wake will even disclose the evidence that was collected.

Yeah I'm sure the people at Wake Forest opened themselves up to massive legal liability for destroying a guy's life through false and slanderous claims just because they wanted to put out propaganda about something that everybody had mostly forgotten about :rolleyes:

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to realize that I share a degree with some of the people on here.

Yeah I'm sure the people at Wake Forest opened themselves up to massive legal liability for destroying a guy's life through false and slanderous claims just because they wanted to put out propaganda about something that everybody had mostly forgotten about :rolleyes:

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to realize that I share a degree with some of the people on here.

Agreed. What could the AD be hiding here?

OMG, I thought Elrod was a great color guy for us, former player- former coach. Seemed like such a good guy too. He's the one that had the child die shortly after birth right? I'm shocked, I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm sure someone has speculated that it could've come from animosity to Clawson's staff? Maybe not retaining him?

If they figured it out quick after Louisville I bet they caught him red handed at the last game. Tim Duncan as the bag man and CP3 as the lookout. Cash for game plans in a Starbucks parking lot. Busted sucka! Kudos fellas!

Everybody knows Gary Clark is the guy you want as your lookout.

Wrong lookout, bro!

Also you wellman-out people are nuts. It's amazing how phdeac absolutely loses his head when it comes to taking about sports.

Damn ALLL YALLL trippin.

When Gary gotta get some dome, you bes believe Imma LOOK THE FUCK OUT!!!! HOLLA

An Biff the only man widdda brain here.....he right, Tommy you gotta get a BURNER phone bro. Fuckin amateur hour deac up in hurrrrr

Also find it hilarious that people are complaining about the lack of transparency, when this is Wake being pretty freaking transparent. They flat out publicly named the guy who did this. Very easily could have brushed it under the rug, Elrod leaves to "pursue other interests" and the results of the investigation never get announced. I mean what do you want them to do, publicly release the guy's texts and emails? That's not how this stuff ever works in any athletic department.

Also find it hilarious that people are complaining about the lack of transparency, when this is Wake being pretty freaking transparent. They flat out publicly named the guy who did this. Very easily could have brushed it under the rug, Elrod leaves to "pursue other interests" and the results of the investigation never get announced. I mean what do you want them to do, publicly release the guy's texts and emails? That's not how this stuff ever works in any athletic department.

UNDER HIS NOSE !

That's true, Mystery.

This could be as simple as him just providing info to one person at a single school since 2014. We have played Louisville each year (and all of our other division foes). Anyone else on Louisville's staff that he may have some history with?

Last edited:
Not that I'm a Wellman fan, but the pitchfork folks sound like morons on this thread.

So I'm guessing we will or already know which schools colluded with Judas from emails, texts, voicemails, etc? This could get very intriguing

OMG, I thought Elrod was a great color guy for us, former player- former coach. Seemed like such a good guy too. He's the one that had the child die shortly after birth right? I'm shocked, I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm sure someone has speculated that it could've come from animosity to Clawson's staff? Maybe not retaining him?

#sodense

Well, ESPN has lost interest. A big dunk happened in the NBA. Our 15 minutes of fame are gone.

This could be as simple as him just providing info to one person at a single school since 2014. We have played Louisville each year (and all of our other division foes). Anyone else on Louisville's staff that he may have some history with... I did hear someone in Louisville's AD office used to play at Wake?

Could be, but the way things have been phrased and also the comment about how they've notified the necessary entities makes it sound like more than one school

Back