• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Maybe there was a reason everyone we played looked like they knew where the play was going...

Need a better thread title. This is crazy. I heard this about an hour ago - was waiting for the press release.

Elrod has been an excellent color guy too. OMG ! What a fucking disaster. Seriously this is unbelievable. Perhaps some sort of personality disorder. Geez.

I'm sure Louisville co-OC Lonnie Galloway was in on it

Had always heard good things about Elrod. A former player and coach doing this is beyond strange.

Maybe there was a reason everyone we played looked like they knew where the play was going...

No, Ive pretty much known play to play what we were going to run the past decade with HS knowledge.

Elrod has been an excellent color guy too. OMG ! What a fucking disaster. Seriously this is unbelievable. Perhaps some sort of personality disorder. Geez.

He was like watching paint dry. Couldn't stand listening to him. Dry as the Sahara

Holy cow, that is shocking on so many levels. For starters, I have never met him but have heard others speak very highly of him. He must have some serious bitterness to do such a thing to the school he played for, coached at, and was currently working for (at least in a radio capacity). Secondly, if he was peddling this stuff to multiple opponents, I am surprised that someone didn't give our coaches the heads up. Perhaps it was only to teams that had people he was close with? Or perhaps someone at UL intentionally left the stuff where Wake staff would find it, as I way to anonymously give them a heads up? I am not sure what Elrod got out of this, but it looks like he has pretty much screwed up any future in football and any future with Wake athletics.

Back