• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

I'm sure Louisville co-OC Lonnie Galloway was in on it

Yeah. Elrod can go to hell. Who was taking and using this information? Who was sharing it with Elrod?

The ACC and maybe NCAA need to be involved.

Can someone with a law background explain what type of law this might break? Had to effect thousands of betting lines over the years.

The "other" shoe to drop are those institutions that perhaps solicited his services and/or ACCEPTED this information!

The Elrod offense is horrendous but WHO else was in on this and what schools were paying for his services!?!?!
IMHO, this might scratch the surface to a much larger criminal investigation. He STOLE proprietary information.

This has an ESPN 30 for 30 written all over it.

Can someone with a law background explain what type of law this might break? Had to effect thousands of betting lines over the years.

If it violated the law this would most definitely not be why

Bitter that Clawson didn't retain him? This is still insane.

This is what I thought. There have been a few times on post game interviews, I thought I heard some minor disagreements between Clawson and him, but I never thought anything like this was possible. Wow, just wow.

No, Ive pretty much known play to play what we were going to run the past decade with HS knowledge.

Should be easy to track down the trick plays we ran that were blown up the last seven years. Lobo ran 2 and Ruggs 1. Although our trick plays looked very similar to our busted plays.

Follow the money. There might be sanctions against coaches who paid him, from the ACC. I'd rat him out to the IRS.

Even with a good defense the last few years, think about how many times we've given up huge plays. How many times this season did we give up a surprise onsides kick?

Back