• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Really strange.

I wanna know who took the info and who turned it down but didn't blow the whistle.

Yeah, he works in financial services, right? His day job is likely in jeopardy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stan should have noticed something was up when Elrod had on the opposing teams headset for the last few years.

When did he start going by Tommy? I don't remember that when he was on Grobe's staff.

F Wellman for the " no further comment" bs. Also the last thing I care about is how well he knew the asshole. Also release the "comprehensive report" with redactions if necessary. Practically begging for stories to start instead of substantiated facts

Merged the two threads together so discussion could all happen in one place. Kept the more informational title in this case as well.

Yeah, he works in financial services, right? His day job is likely in jeopardy too.

And no way he gets that without help from Ben or Ron. He's done.

He's completely deleted everything he has on the Internet - Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. From the Google result on his LinkedIn, he's a Business Development Director at Verger Capital Management.

ETA: not listed on that company's website, as someone has posted.

Feel terrible for the kids. Sucks it was one of our own...what could drive you to do this sort of thing (first thing that comes to mind is revenge, second money).

I'm looking forward to learning:
1a) What teams accepted the information? Did they pay for it?
1b) So, since insider info was found prior to the Louisville game, i can't help but assume AT LEAST Louisville was in on this. We'll see what excuse they have as to why they were in possession
2) How long has this been going on?

It should be extremely interesting to watch as this story develops.

Clearly, the proper restitution is that Louisville must give us Lamar Jackson for next season.

So what's the basketball team's excuse

Theft of proprietary information can land you in federal pound-in-the-ass prison. So, yes, he's got big, big problems.

Could you imagine the uproar if this happened to a team that mattered?

Feel terrible for the kids. Sucks it was one of our own...what could drive you to do this sort of thing (first thing that comes to mind is revenge, second money).

Yeah, the biggest losers in this mess are the players, of which several of them I imagine he actually recruited to Wake. It is hard to imagine that you could be around the players like that and then totally screw them over.

Back