• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

whatever dwarf king, they had access to his email and text messages

meaning they should know who he talked to and who accepted his game plan info. There might be some assholes slamming shut in the collegiate football world about now.

What type of access does an announcer typically have?

Clawson's statement made it sound like he had access to a lot, as in more than normal due to his WF connections.

Better question may be what information can an ex-player/assistant coach sell?

To echo PaddyWF and quote Clawson himself...a lot:

Statement from Dave Clawson, Wake Forest Head Football Coach:
I am extremely disappointed that our confidential and proprietary game preparation was compromised. It’s incomprehensible that a former Wake Forest student-athlete, graduate-assistant, full-time football coach, and current radio analyst for the school, would betray his alma mater. We allowed him to have full access to our players, team functions, film room, and practices. He violated our trust which negatively impacted our entire program. I am glad we have taken steps to ensure it will not happen in the future. At this point, this is a matter for Ron Wellman and others to act on. My staff and I are focused on Temple and preparing the team for the Military Bowl.

There's two sides to nearly every story. Ron Wellman isn't the Judge and Jury. I would wait for more information before reaching judgment. You can always casterate the guy after all the info is known and the process plays out.

Coach Elrod, is that you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Tommy will get a whole bunch of teams that bought the info in deep trouble

As if we didn't already have enough working against us. Sheesh

The Why is still the most interesting unanswered question to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do assistant coaches/announcers sign a NDA?

Maybe Tommy will get a whole bunch of teams that bought the info in deep trouble

If this goes to litigation, which I'm sure it will, I would imagine that whatever court this is in would be able to subpoena commmunications from other schools. Who knows what the hell else is out there. This is fucking wild.

WOW. Fuck. That. Guy.

It is time to castrate now. hope he dies broke, drunk, and alone.

Reached Tuesday by ESPN, Louisville had no comment.

ooops.

Back