• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Agreed. But WHO gave him the $$ is the HUGE question in all of this. Could blow the league wide open if other schools paid him.

If he was just pissed with Clawson and called buddies for free, that's another story and likely goes away in a day or so.

Will be interesting to follow this one.

Also the ACC and NCAA, need to drop the hammer down on any team that took his info. This could be a massive deal.

So this says plenty about Elrod, but what else does it say about everyone else that didn't blow the whistle on this? Only Louisville's sloppiness blew this story open.

Remember Petrino's denial and statement about "doing things the right way?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you imagine the uproar if this happened to a team that mattered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Carolina was in on it, we all know their stance on cheating. Hopefully this could be what finally takes them down. I know we have all been eagerly awaiting on that, amirite Manslow?

Probably not about $$$. He's doing fine at Verger Capital (group that runs Wake's endowment). Question is how long will it take for him to be fired there and if he really did this because Clawson didn't retain him...what a mess

i wanna know how'd he go about just trying to give out this sort of info to coaches he didn't know well. plenty of risk in someone blowing the whistle there.

I always thought he was a pompous asshole, this just confirms it for me. I hope he got paid well for doing this.

So this says plenty about Elrod, but what else does it say about everyone else that didn't blow the whistle on this? Only Louisville's sloppiness blew this story open.

We caught on when Louisville called our staff for clarification on XZ 340 Single L.

Also the ACC and NCAA, need to drop the hammer down on any team that took his info. This could be a massive deal.

I don't think that path leads to good things for MSD.

Whether he was official staff or not, he was a de facto agent of the program. His continued access to the proprietary information in the first place is proof of that.

Regardless, this is nutso levels of bonkers.

Back