• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 40 sandwiches

Where's the Muffaletta? Those are awesome.

I love Reubens. Definitely top 5 for me. O'Briens Deli in Winston does it right.

A good Cuban is a top 3 sandwich

I'd agree.

Freeman's in GSO does a Cuban with country ham. It's a great take on the standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reuben and chicken salad way too low. Grilled cheese number 2? Was this voted on by 3rd graders?

I would substitute an Italian Sausage Sub for the Meatball Sub among other things.

Egg salad demands being eaten immediately on toast with a single piece of butter lettuce.

Also, a sandwich with mayo, summer ripe tomatoes and swishy white bread destroys a BLT

Last edited:
Too bad you've never had a proper ripe tomata. They are a game changer! Incomparable to the tomatos people know today

Too bad you've never had a proper ripe tomata. They are a game changer! Incomparable to the tomatos people know today

But I have. My Italian grandfather nurtured them and loved them and grew them every year on the Island.

Were not ready until September. Had that indescribable, unforgettable flavor.

In the south, Tennessee has the best.

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring...each of the components is a role player on other sandwiches. Combining three role players doesn't make a star. :)

I agree with RJ 100% on this. Bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes are all just sandwich enhancers, and do not make a good sandwich by themselves.

But I have. My Italian grandfather nurtured them and loved them and grew them every year on the Island.

Were not ready until September. Had that indescribable, unforgettable flavor.

In the south, Tennessee has the best.

Ok, this is what I mean. Twiggie, take note. Only error is KY > TN and SC FL has proper if you find old grandmas places.

Says the guy in Philly pimping Pbjs.

Yes I'm sure your wal mart greenhouse lab tomatoes are getting better. I'm referring to the fact that you've never had a true ripe farm raised tomato

ain't you ever been to a farmer's market?

The Blue Max from the old Rainbow Cafe...Fresh turkey slices, beefsteak tomato and homemade roquefort dressing served on a toasted bialy...yessir!

Back